BPL Community Profile

Greg F (GregF) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Canadian Rockies
About Me Greg F has not added a biography yet.
CityCalgary

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg F

Showing 181 - 190 of 567 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...57

Forum » Thread

Backpackers Sangria
I like to make what we call a backpackers sangria. It is everclear, mixed with tang plus you add an asortment of dried fruit you brought. My preference is apricots, pineapple and mango.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Ultralight Cocktails
February 19, 9:53am

R1 or equiv
Getting a powerdry polertec product like an R1 or equiv plus a wind shirt works very well. I wear an MEC T2 baselayer plus the MEC Vega (R1 equivalant), plus a windshirt down to about 0f while ac...

In GEAR » Can't find a good fleece!
February 18, 8:27pm

Re: Which cannonballs should I be looking at?
There is one odd line in there "I could have used big, heavy boots, seven pound backpacks, trekking poles, or some other new-fangled implement." Is Jardine anti trekking pole? That...

In GEAR » Which cannonballs should I be looking at?
February 18, 11:23am

Re: Re: Re: Re: WTB GoLite Shangrila 5 with nest
Thanks I will take a look at Bearpaw. Golite is now saying April which still will work for me. I think the golite 5 really hits the weight, cost, space point for a family tent

In Gear Swap » WTB GoLite Shangrila 5 with nest
February 16, 11:05pm

Re: Re: WTB GoLite Shangrila 5 with nest
Bump, still looking

In Gear Swap » WTB GoLite Shangrila 5 with nest
February 15, 11:10pm

Re: Seeking small, light, compressable daypack for (primarily) urban use.
MEC has there travel light top loader. The foam back panel is removabe then it folds up into itself. Great deal compared to the patagonia. http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/ClearanceItems/PRD~5023...

In GEAR » Seeking small, light, compressable backpack for (primarily) urban use.
February 12, 6:59am

I notice 5 lbs
I definately notice 5 lbs of weight. That is the difference between your pack on day 1 and your pack on day 4 after you have eaten 3 days off food. So it isnt a non trivial amount. I think total...

In Philosophy & Technique » Four Point Five Pounds.
February 10, 9:45am

In the rockies go with down
I hike in the Canadian rockies but conditions are similar. The answer is go with down. You rarely will have days without time to dry gear if neccessary and given the low humidity your gear should...

In GEAR » Synthetic vs. Down Quilt for High Altitude
February 10, 8:31am

Water Sources
Have you looked at the route you are taking to ensure you will have enough water stops for only carrying 20oz of water? And do you need a bear can in any of the areas you will be camping in? Ot...

In Gear Lists » 8.2 lb High Sierra solo gear list.
February 10, 8:14am

WM Highlite
The WM highlite is a fully hooded bag at 16oz which might be as light as you can go in a bag with hood.

In GEAR » 2013 lightest 30-40F sleep options
February 09, 9:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg F

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Walmart saved my trip. I was packing up the night before I was to leave and went to grab what i thought was a full butane canister and it was empty. It was 10pm and i was leaving at 5 the next morni...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 20, 7:27pm

Mont Bell Ultra-Light Spiral Down Hugger #3 Long
I had a chance to test out my new UL Spiral down hugger #3. This is the regular version not the super stretch. It still has the diagonal baffles so it does have a little more give than an average ba...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 05, 11:33pm