BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://longlinerelease.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 181 - 190 of 850 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...85

Forum » Thread

Another Vote for the StratoSpire 2
I just spent the last four nights in a SS2, and I couldn't be more impressed. It's very easy to set up, and the ability to leave the inner attached meant that we were up and down in just a...

In GEAR » Sell me on your favorite DUO sized tent
July 17, 5:11pm

Re: Interesting discussion!
I had the Crown, and I carried it last spring and into summer until I decided to return it to REI after serious suspension failure in frameless mode. Despite being advertised as frameless up to 25...

In GEAR » Does This Pack Fit?
July 17, 2:37pm

Re: ...
For me, the question is more about performance rather than weight. Though, being lighter is much nicer too.

In Gear Lists » Proposed Gear List for Ultralight Newbie
July 10, 8:13am

Re: Proposed Gear List for Ultralight Newbie
I've never seen a Flashlight 2 tent weigh that little. Have they updated it? My old Flashlight 2 weighed something like 5 1/2 pounds. I think that the TarpTent Rainbow should be at the upp...

In Gear Lists » Proposed Gear List for Ultralight Newbie
July 09, 11:59am

Re: Re: Re: Stays
Shawn, be careful not to bend them so far as to have the exact shape of your back. The curve should be similar, but not as dramatic. This is especially true if you're more muscular (sounds like...

In GEAR » Catalyst bakpad/aluminum stays
July 08, 7:06am

Re: Duck Calls, Pockets, Zip Sacks, and Multicam
>These are some of the things that separate my pack from other designs. These sound like the kinds of things that often separate one class of packs from another. Looking forward to seeing mo...

In Gear Deals » Semi-Custom Backpacks
July 04, 10:51pm

WTB - National Geographic TOPO! Montana
Like the title says, if you have the TOPO! CD-ROM for Montana, send me a PM or email me at clay (dot) maur (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks!

In Gear Swap » WTB - National Geographic TOPO! Montana
July 04, 6:20pm

Re: Re: end of july/early august
Adrian, what year did you come? I was up near Brown a couple of weeks ago and it was snow free. Boulder was well on its way out too.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Glacier National Park
July 02, 2:25pm

Re: Re: Anybody not Seam Seal their silnylon shelters?
I'm far less worried about flat-felled seams. They're pretty good about keeping the water out. Though, I've seen a few small leaks in persistent rain, but nothing that couldn't be...

In GEAR » Anybody not Seam Seal their silnylon shelters?
July 01, 11:40am

Re: Best option
For August in Glacier, you have little worry of rain, especially as it's shaping up to be a dry year. Not that this necessarily solves your issue, just that it may take some of the pressure ...

In GEAR » Contrail modification
July 01, 9:54am

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.