BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://longlinerelease.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 181 - 190 of 830 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...83

Forum » Thread

Re: Ten Essentials
Pete, also remember that our brains and bodies haven't been conditioned by the same experiences and cultural communication of the pre-industrial humans. Cognitive neuroscience, for example, ha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Aron Ralston and the Ten Essentials
June 16, 4:39pm

Re: Porter vs. Windrider
The 3400 series of packs all have the same padding from what I understand. Basically, the harness system is the same all across them, but the features differ. The 2400 series is noticeably thin...

In GEAR » hyperlight mountain gear
June 13, 7:46pm

Re: Need advice on Mid-July GNP trip
There are a lot of options here. I'll just list a few to get you started, but the best resource is probably Erik Molvar's very excellent hiking guide to the park. For fishing, Russ Schnei...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Need advice on Mid-July GNP trip
June 12, 11:55pm

re: Writing Better Trip Reports
"Would you mind elaborating on this point? It is pretty general as it stands, and of little practical use. Hopefully a professional like yourself can provide positive guidelines for writing a ...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Civility and Anonymity
June 10, 10:42pm

Re: Tarptents and stakes
Sean, I find I like both the Easton and the MSR stakes. Really, it is up to what I have on hand at the time, which is a mix of both. The longer stakes are supposed to hold very well, just like th...

In GEAR » Tarptents and stakes
June 10, 7:26pm

Re: Re: Anonymity
"Say it, own it." +1. I grew up with the internet. AOL 3.0 was my first web experience as a teenager. The difference for me (versus a lot of my friends and now students) is that I&#...

June 10, 4:49pm

Re: Oklahoma Weekend Hike- Robbers Cave
I went to college in Oklahoma, and I have fond memories of Robber's Cave. It's where I learned to climb and where I got bit with the camping/hiking bug. It's a great place, tucked awa...

In Post-Trip Reports » Oklahoma Weekend Hike- Robbers Cave
June 10, 8:47am

re: Avoiding Anonymity
I removed my last name for a while. It wasn't worth it. If I can't put my name to what I say on here--or anywhere--I'm a coward for saying it. Though the whole trip report things s...

June 10, 12:40am

Re: Easy removal of pole grips
Do it. Their the most comfortable grips I've used. Anyone know how to attach straps to the top like the LT4S?

In GEAR » Easy removal of trekking pole grips
June 08, 8:28pm

Re: Klymit at Costco
I'm going to have to check that out this weekend. The Cush is the best pillow I've found, and I'm planning to trim it up to save some weight. It might be nice to know where I can find...

In Gear Deals » Klymit at Costco
June 08, 1:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.