BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://dispatchesfromoutside.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 181 - 190 of 805 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: ge silicone ii
That's what I used. It's also what Henry sends out if you order silicone from him.

In GEAR » ge silicone ii
May 16, 10:42pm

re: Torso Length
Serge, do you have any estimate for what size torso the pack would fit? Thanks.

In GEAR » Summit Rocket 20 Vest Pack
May 16, 9:46pm

Re: yep
Maybe--maybe not. The beauty of the Revelation system is that it can lay flat and be used as a blanket. I would guess that it would be on the warm side, but you have lots of options for venting...

In GEAR » 10F EE RevX Quilt too warm in summer?
May 16, 9:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Summit Rocket 20 Vest Pack
Mike, I think the Fluid 6 is now the Fluid Race Pack.

In GEAR » Summit Rocket 20 Vest Pack
May 16, 7:04pm

Re: Load lifters on the GG Crown V.C 60 Ki and other backpacks
Alina, I did a much longer write up on the Crown after using it for about 125 or so miles last summer. You can find that here (fair warning--it's long and probably over-detailed). The short...

In GEAR » Load lifters on the Granite Gear Crown 60 V.C. Ki and other backpacks
May 16, 7:11am

Re: Re: Load lifters on the GG Crown V.C 60 Ki
Frankly, it looks like this pack is too short for your torso length. I would think that you would need an extra couple of inches--typically one size up--to get a proper fit. EDIT: Granite Gear...

In GEAR » Load lifters on the Granite Gear Crown 60 V.C. Ki and other backpacks
May 16, 12:09am

re: Quilt Sleeping
I understand that the conventional wisdom is against quilts for below freezing, and I have no desire to argue against those of you who find them unsuitable at those temperatures. All I can say, ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain SuperUltraLight Backpacking – Going SUL in the Mountains with Adequate Shelter, Insulation, and Rain Protection. Part 2A: Selecting the Lightest, Most Functional Gear - Backpack, Shelter, Sleeping Bag, Sleeping Pad
May 15, 5:18pm

Re: Tex-Mex
"But we could start a real war here over whether East Texans even have a clue about Mexican food." Indeed. Though, we could say the same about you boys. But living in Montana really ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » GNP first timer...Suggestions
May 15, 5:04pm

Re: Re: re: East Side Food
El Topo is on the same level as Serrano's--overpriced, bland, and boring. FYI, also born and raised in Texas, in the Piney Woods out East. The best Mexican I've had up here is in our ki...

May 15, 4:47pm

re: East Side Food
I'm going to have to disagree with Dave a bit on the food situation on the East Side. First, he's right: Two Medicine Grill in East Glacier is hands down the best thing going. I consid...

May 15, 3:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.