BPL Community Profile

Fred eric (Fre49) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale France, vallée de la Loire
About Me Fred eric has not added a biography yet.
CountryFrance

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Fred eric

Showing 181 - 190 of 393 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...40

Forum » Thread

Re: Breathability/layering.
I own an epic size M Skaha + with 1oz overfill, and my wife an S with 2 oz overfill. Even if the down is a bit compressed when doing this i found that wearing it under my MP+ vest ( MP+ breathab...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Three-Season Down Jackets State of the Market Report 2010 Part 2
June 30, 5:25am

they are huge variation
On a french hiking forum wiki people are posting measured weights http://www.randonner-leger.org/wiki/poids/index.php categorie means type marque means brand

In GEAR » Published vs Actual Gear Weights?
June 29, 12:15pm

ID event shortie gaiters
That what i have been using for the past 2 years. i only use the nylon cord under the foot when there is snow, otherwise they stay in place without. i totaly destroyed my pair bushwalking wi...

In GEAR » lightest ankle gaiters.. from oven bags?
June 18, 9:03pm

mices
My wife neoair went leaking during our last hike, but it was because mices chewed it :)

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad Failure - poll
June 17, 12:13am

15 -25$ / bottle if you buy 500+
http://kycy.en.alibaba.com/product/247535196-209669756/titanium_bottle_pot_camping_products_.html

In GEAR » Titanium Water Bottles?
June 16, 1:44pm

UoG
Bought quite a few things from them, never had any problem.

In GEAR » Ultralight Outdoor Gear in the UK
June 16, 8:11am

gear seller
On the other hand its nice when some cottage gear sellers send items to international buyers at a reasonnable cost, last two that i remember : Zpacks and Tim ( suluk 46) I wanted some cuben ove...

In Gear Deals » Open Letter to Ye Gear Sellers
June 16, 1:43am

9 tray
I have the 9 Tray with timer. timer isnt a big deal as i usualy stop by testing the food rather than after a set time. 9 tray is overkill for meals, but i love it when i dehydrate fruits

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thoughts on Excalibur 3500 dehydrator?
June 15, 2:56pm

best layer
For me , < 20F : my drizabone 270g/m2 20F< <60F : my BPL 150g/m2 hoodie 60F < : my silkbody silk/merinos blend. and if there is hordes of mosquitoes like in Greenland last y...

In GEAR » Best next-to-skin layer
June 12, 9:51am

Patagonia in autumn
A few photos from our hike in the Torres del Paine end of april, circuit was closed so we met at most a dozen people a day on the "W" and none at all on the circuit part : ...

In Photo Gallery » Patagonia in autumn
June 10, 7:59am

All Reader Reviews by Fred eric

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
After a few overnight with this pack ( he was too big , but i wanted to try it asap, planning for 2013 TGO ), i just did my first one week snowshoeing hike with it. - first as i have complained on ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 03, 3:09am

Black Rock Gear Hadron
I ordered an XL Hadron, because the previous blackrock hat i had was a slightly tight fit in L. Evan questionned me by mail to check if i really needed an XL. I ended with a slightly larger than nor...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
September 15, 12:30pm

MLD Trailstar
After some week end uses ill give it a 5 as a 2 adults plus 4 year old son shelter. With a ground cloth and stakes i am at about 550+150+100= 800g for 2 1/2 people. I like the simplicity , no ve...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 04, 8:03am

Backcountrygear.com
I wanted some dry bags for packrafting and to try shipito I bought 2 POE pneumo ltw 50l the last model with rounded bottom They sent me the 2009 model with square bottom that was on sale on their w...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 13, 12:52am

PHD minimus down socks
sizing is strange, my wife feet are 5/38 so i ordered Small in fact i can use them and my feets are 10 /44. The loft is impressing, but due to the construction you have a lot below the feet and b...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 01, 6:18am

Watchful Eye Designs Aloksak
i usualy use a ziploc for my money, visa card and id card while hiking this time when i left for 3 weeks in Greenland i decided to use the small aloksak that was given me with some other purchase o...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 09, 2:16pm

Thru-Hiker.com
Had after thought and sent a mail to change order. 30 min after it i recieved answer and refund so i could redo order : Hello Frederic- No problem at all with regards to the order changes. I&#...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 10, 2:01pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
DR in the snow! Its a great lightweight 2 persons tent. First i like the headroom and 2 larges entries . My wife and i...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 20, 9:36am

Garmin eTrex Legend
I bought one and only use it for snow hiking out of trails. Otherwise as i cannot hike close to my home, i dont hike often in the same place, so i wouldnt buy a 100€ map for only 5-6 days of use. ...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
December 11, 11:40pm