BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 181 - 190 of 5012 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...502

Forum » Thread

Where would you setup camp in this picture
"The best spot is where the photographer is standing' that was the first thing that came to mind.... Of course it depends a lot on how much time I think I have before the storm hits. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where would you setup camp in this picture
May 17, 11:35pm

Withdrawal from the BPL brain trust (need tent advice)
"do you guys think small diameter Easton poles have the same structural rigidity as trekking poles(when used vertically)?" If your trekking poles are around 8-9mm (.344") then yes, ...

In GEAR » Withdrawal from the BPL brain trust (need tent advice)
May 17, 7:27pm

Nick, According to reports from users that have had the other tents mentioned, the Scarp is, without the x poles, at least as good in rough weather. Adding a couple of guylines and stakes, the Sc...

May 17, 6:58pm

given that you seem to like the shape of the Akto and Laser, I suggest you could take a look at the Tarptent Scarp 1. Like the Moment it also comes with mesh or fabric inner (you chose...) but it...

May 17, 5:03pm

1st post plus Tentative Gear List
The freestanding mode also allows a tent to be assembled and then moved to a different location without having to take it apart. In reality because it takes me less than two minutes to set a tent ...

In Gear Lists » 1st post plus Tentative Gear List
May 16, 7:30pm

1st post plus Tentative Gear List
No tent should be used without staking it down and ,in exposed areas, guying them down also. The freestanding mode is handy to be able to set them up without needing exact staking points. By that...

In Gear Lists » 1st post plus Tentative Gear List
May 16, 6:06pm

more down or no down at the bottom of the sleeping bag
A common reason for the 50-50 fill used by many manufacturers is because often folk take their bag with them when they turn , so that the bottom becomes a side or even the top. I was not aware tha...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » more down or no down at the bottom of the sleeping bag.
May 15, 8:42pm

OK umbrella peeps...let me have it!
"I tried the Luxury Lite umbrella which is designed to attach to my pack frame; so no hands needed! The only problem was that it didn't take very much wind to force me to fold up the umbre...

In GEAR » OK umbrella peeps...let me have it!
May 14, 11:36pm

Any recommendations for a lightweight shelter with extra large vestibule?
Misleading... must be an epidemic. What picture are you referring to ?

In GEAR » Any recommendations for a lightweight shelter with extra large vestibule?
May 14, 4:55pm

Any recommendations for a lightweight shelter with extra large vestibule?
I am not all that familiar with dogs but I do have two visiting regularly. I think they are of a smaller breed but would need separate vestibules because they don't really like each orther : ...

In GEAR » Any recommendations for a lightweight shelter with extra large vestibule?
May 12, 9:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm