Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Here
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 181 - 190 of 5573 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...558

Forum » Thread

single vs double wall tent confusion
With the traditional single wall tents, say the typical freestanding mountaineering tents like the Bibler, when you open the door bugs get in. That is why at Tarptent we call our non double-wall t...

In GEAR » single vs double wall tent confusion
May 07, 4:48pm

Gentrified?
At Backpackers (the forum) someone commented that I must be filthy rich because of some gear item I have (can't remember what...) So I replied that I was fully employed, have no children, don&...

In GEAR » Gentrified?
May 07, 4:02pm

single vs double wall tent confusion
The confusion rests with the ones that call the DR a double wall tent, I don't however remember having seen that definition. At times it has been mentioned that by adding the liner it becomes...

In GEAR » single vs double wall tent confusion
May 07, 3:45pm

tarptent notch?
From Joe : "the material has what I can only describe as creases in wax paper" Very good description, it does look exactly like that. I have seen it on some tents that I have seam seal...

In GEAR » tarptent notch?
May 06, 8:58pm

Hiking skirt from pants
Are all of your birds green too ?

In Make Your Own Gear » Hiking skirt from pants
May 06, 5:45pm

Space
"I'm one of the few, i guess, who like Genesis better after Gabriel" Nah, many are just nostalgia victims or part time snobs... Same thing with Syd Barrett and Pink Floyd. Yes Syd ...

In Chaff » Space
May 06, 2:01am

tarptent notch?
How do you stake out the two ends at the right distance without the inner for a guide? I just had another look at my set-up video to remind me of how I did it in that one. (I just go out and se...

In GEAR » tarptent notch?
May 05, 11:52pm

Tarptent StratoSpire2 setup
Tips up is more secure because the carbide tips sit inside the grommet there. On sand or snow if you have baskets on your poles it may be easier to use them handle up, I do that. Still , there ar...

In GEAR » Tarptent StratoSpire2 setup
May 05, 4:07pm

Space
My wife and I lived in a 1935 built house for about 20 years. It had 10" ceilings on both floors. When we looked at the house we are now , my wife was convinced we could not fit our furnitur...

In Chaff » Space
May 05, 2:59am

Space
Friends of ours just bought a country property (less than 2 hours ago...) that was described to me , by them, as having a huge living room/kitchen area. When I went to see it (a few months ago) I ...

In Chaff » Space
May 05, 12:07am

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm