BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 181 - 190 of 4793 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...480

Forum » Thread

Happy Festivus!!!!
You don't deserve this because you are all a miserable lot but here I am , all dressed up for Festivus sitting with my pole erected, having the Box for the Human Found at the ready, just in cas...

In Chaff » Happy Festivus!!!!
December 23, 2:54pm

Units of temperature, a more useful relative scale
Celsius 0 fairly cold 100 dead we visualise that as : 0 water freezes 100 water boils both of those pretty familiar with most people around the world. Yes I do know th...

In On the Web » Units of temperature, a more useful relative scale
December 22, 8:40pm

Cold weather/winter survival shelter
Often viewing those "survival" clips IF comes to mind. So for example the super shelter could work IF you have a few long enough, straight enough and of the right size branches. Then yo...

In GEAR » Cold weather/winter survival shelter
December 21, 1:24am

Woo woo time, Galactic Core explosions, Solar excitement, and Dr. Paul LaViolette
Between March 21st 1843 and March 21st 1844 George Miller and his followers expected Jesus to return to Earth. Eventually another member of the Return Club pinpointed the date to the 22nd of Octo...

In Chaff » Woo woo time, Galactic Core explosions, Solar excitement, and Dr. Paul LaViolette
December 20, 12:49am

Question about alergies due to new bag
It could be the fabric. Easy enough to test IF the stuff sack is made of the same fabric. If it is maybe a good airing will fix the problem

In GEAR » Question about alergies due to new bag
December 18, 2:37pm

EE Prodigy + MLD Superlight Bivy for Winter Mtn Use in Southeast
"Specifically, I am trying to put together something that could be used when it is wet and the temperature is hovering around freezing" With rain/sleet at just above freesing (for me.....

In GEAR » EE Prodigy + MLD Superlight Bivy for Winter Mtn Use in Southeast
December 16, 7:01pm

Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread
I LOVE my Casio. The only item that has been with me on every hike since I bought it. The thermometer and altimeter work for me as does the alarm and night light I even made a You Tube video w...

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
December 16, 2:50pm

The Better Balloon Mattress
balloons are a serious business and to think that I took the whole idea as some sort of inflated claims about hot air... Anyway my guess is that the stronger balloons will also be proportiona...

In Make Your Own Gear » The Better Balloon Mattress
December 16, 2:16pm

Debunking Hydrostatic Head
And even silnylon has a lower HH compared to PU-flys. It can go either way , just depends on how much coating there is. Some brands have silicone on one side and PU on the other but that reduces ...

In GEAR » Debunking Hydrostatic Head
December 15, 12:27pm

MYOG 2 person Tarp Tent
The design reminds me a lot of the SMD Vamp with a front entry point replacing the side entry/vestibules. A problem I see with that is, that when you access the shelter in the rain you will get ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG 2 person Tarp Tent
December 15, 3:40am

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm