Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eugene Smith (Eugeneius) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nuevo Mexico
About Me Eugene Smith has not added a biography yet.
CityLas Cruces
StateNew Mexico
CountryUSAish
My Website URLhttp://desertpaincave.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear List2 year old outdated gear list that needs to be updated badly

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eugene Smith

Showing 181 - 190 of 2610 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...261

Forum » Thread

Re: Hooded down jacket or separate hood?
Man, I say go with a hooded parka over a down jacket/sweater for quilt use. I've tried the hoodless jacket setup with a beanie/balaclava and it never seals up as well as having a true parka. ...

In GEAR » Hooded down jacket or separate hood?
May 20, 11:40am

Re: stakes suitable for very, very hard compacted dirt surface.
MSR Groundhogs. I haven't found anything better for compacted soil. They handle being pounded into the ground with rocks well. Have a few Groundhogs and shepherd hook stakes in your bag and...

In GEAR » stakes suitable for very, very -hard compacted dirt surface.
May 19, 9:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Sleeping bags and top quits/under quilts have MAJOR room for improvement.
I still don't understand the draw to wearable insulation that doubles as your sleep kit. Very little weight is saved and you pretty much just end up looking like an ass at camp. This is wh...

In GEAR » Sleeping bags and top quits/under quilts have MAJOR room for improvement.
May 18, 10:21pm

Re: 24: Lost Creek Wilderness
Nice little outing Andy. Good to see Flurry still at your side going strong.

In Post-Trip Reports » 24: Lost Creek Wilderness
May 18, 4:05pm

Re: Re: Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim
A sextuple crossing of the Canyon is bananas. As if I needed another reason to return, this only inspires and fuels the flames more. I'm thinking October '13 will be a perfect time for an...

In Other Activities » Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim
May 16, 10:06pm

Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim
This guy!

In Other Activities » Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim to Rim
May 16, 9:25pm

Re: swap pedals
"Instead of bringing a pedal wrench, swap to one of the many pedals that install with a 6 or 8 mm hex inside the spindle. " I thought the same thing, but realized that he's probabl...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bikepacking...Literally.
May 16, 12:35pm

Re: Best Pack size for Overnighter?
The one that fits whatever it is you desire to bring along.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best Pack size for Overnighter?
May 10, 11:52am

Re: "Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!"
Court? Libel suit? Are you kidding me?! Move on. I'm sure they have. This is all really petty and self important. They didn't die, nor did the past transgression bring abo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
May 09, 1:41pm

Re: a lot company
I watched that documentary Mags last night, thanks for sharing it. My desire to hike the JMT has grown more than I thought possible. God it looks amazing. One criticism of that documentary...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's so great about the JMT?
May 07, 9:20am

All Reader Reviews by Eugene Smith

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
Ron had my MLD Spinnaker Monk tarp repaired and improved upon free of charge with reinforced tieouts in 1 week, from shipping to Rons' shop, sewn, and shipped back to me, one week! This would nev...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 10, 9:43pm

Golite Shangri La 1
I have owned the Golite Shangri La 1 for several months now and have used it on about 3 trips so far in the desert southwest with variable weather conditions in the mountains and lower regions. F...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
May 16, 7:20am

Western Mountaineering Megalite
I recently used the WM Megalite on a 5 day trip through the Gila with temps at night ranging from the mid 20's to the lower 40's. Light wind was present each evening and the bag and draft tub...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
April 13, 10:00pm