BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 181 - 190 of 365 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...37

Forum » Thread

_
If you want to experiment, just go with a 2mil or 3mil clear poly tarp from Lowe's or Home Depot. Cut it to the size you want and have fun. They are surprisingly tough, especially the 3mil, a...

In GEAR » Vinyl tarps? Pro's / Con's please
February 06, 10:48am

_
Brent, can you give me some idea of the sizing on this quilt? I have read the description at MLD's website but having never seen one in person, I hesitate. Is this quilt XL in both length a...

In Gear Swap » MLD SPIRIT 45 QUILT XL
February 02, 3:08pm

_
Great article, looking forward to this line of inquiry. Already, I can see justification for MLD's approach to using cuben. Not every Joe Blow working out of their garage is properly design...

In Editor's Roundtable » Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
February 02, 1:39pm

_
"My practice follows Paul's and parallels what I do on snowshoes and X-C skiis. I pass my hand UP through the strap loop and then bring my hand down with the strap and pole handle in the w...

In GEAR » Strength of GG LT4 trekking poles
February 02, 9:44am

cubes
My experience is like the others said: love the cubes for non-wilderness travel, but I don't use them for hiking. The new ultralight cubes from Eagle Creek are great.

In GEAR » packing cubes for the ultralight traveler?
February 02, 9:30am

_
I got a 5x8 silnylon tarp from OWare and it was not sealed.

In GEAR » Does OWARE seam seal their products?
January 24, 7:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Magnetic fields
"good Northern Hemisphere compasses don't work as well in the South - they bind more on the pivot and the needle doesn't sit as level." I love the Suunto global needle compasse...

In GEAR » Someone please explain button compasses
January 24, 10:17am

_
Button compasses are most useful to good navigators who understand when to use coarse methods, and when to use fine methods. If you have the knowledge and experience to use coarse methods like han...

In GEAR » Someone please explain button compasses
January 23, 10:45pm

_
Good vid, and thanks for putting bushcraft stuff up there. Bushcraft gets back to my roots and provides a break from gram counting. Regarding the Pendleton Lite, you had me until I heard "...

In GEAR » VIDEO: Pendleton Lite Hunter
January 20, 7:55am

_
Whether you feel the Nao is worthwhile for your outdoors profile or not, I am glad to see the effort they're making. Because it means in a year or two, some of that functionality will trickle ...

In GEAR » New Petzl Nao Headlamp
January 19, 5:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.