BPL Community Profile

Einstein X (EinsteinX) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Netherlands
About Me Started hiking somewhere around Y2K, with a 50 pound pack, incl. food, water and fuel.
That dropped down to ~37 pounds incl. f, w & f, which wasn't that bad concidering traditional gear and food for ten days!
Than the UL bug bit me and my gear weight dropped and dropped to a baseweight of ~10 pounds for my Scotland-16-day-Solo.
Going solo for 3 days two nights max, baseweight is down to 4lbs2; Going solo for longer baseweight is down to 8lbs2.
CountryThe Netherlands
My PDF Gear ListGear list TGO Challenge 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Einstein X

Showing 181 - 190 of 345 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...35

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: David, your titanium mesh
>>My friend is going to love it :) His current stove is a Coleman canister stove that weights about 2 pounds... I'm guessing... and all he uses it for is heating water. He's facinated...

In GEAR » The absolutely lightest kitchen?
March 20, 4:05am

Re: I finally took it on a walk.
This morning I took my backpack on an hour and a half walk to work. It performed pretty well, basically meaning that it didn't fall apart :) The shoulder straps, that are a bit too small, do...

In Make Your Own Gear » 110 g backpack
March 20, 3:42am

Was this too light???
Hope I'm not double posting, if so please let me know. http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1685381.ece Were these skiers too light? Any thoughts/coments? Eins

In On the Web » Was this too light???
March 19, 7:31am

Re: X-Socks suck!
I once got a free pair from the dutch import company of X-socks. Wore them one day in the store and had a two month rash on my ankle, but thats just me apparently there's someting in them that ...

In GEAR » Opinions on Hiking X-Socks?
March 10, 3:33am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Alcohol Stove and My Burning Eyes?
I want to second what Vick said. Hence my: "Now you shouldn't worry or stop using alcohol. The tiny exposure you get from cooking on alcohol every now and again won't do you much ha...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove and My Burning Eyes?
March 07, 3:11am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Army:"Micropur and Sweetwater best"
PJ and Robert, Thanx for the info. Better answers than both sales reps I called. Now I don't say that virii are as resilliant as I mentioned in my previous post. I just like to ask these sal...

In GEAR » Army:"Micropur and Sweetwater best"
March 06, 3:33am

Re: Re: Re: Alcohol Stove and My Burning Eyes?
Now that I'm on the subject and just in case you're now concidering the use of Esbit (Hexamine; Aminoform; HMTA; Methenamine; Urotropin) instead of alcohol some more info [4]: "2) ...

March 06, 3:24am

Re: Re: Alcohol Stove and My Burning Eyes?
I'm surprised nobody mentioned this yet: There are many different alcohols: methyl, ethyl and isopropyl to name but a few. Working with Methyl alcohol can cause blindness!!! A Google sear...

March 06, 3:09am

Re: Re: Army:"Micropur and Sweetwater best"
Every now and than I like to call/mail sales reps to ask them difficult questions. About a year and a halve ago I asked the MSR sales rep and the Care+ sales rep to ask them about chemical water tr...

In GEAR » Army:"Micropur and Sweetwater best"
March 04, 6:04am

Re: Bugs
Joe, If you add DEET to a plstic cup (like the ones from coffee machines) and leave it overnight the next morning the cup will have magically disappeared. Yikes. In Holland the maximum concen...

In Philosophy & Technique » Permithrin Soaked Clothing
March 03, 7:02am

All Reader Reviews by Einstein X

Einstein X has posted no reviews.