BPL Community Profile

Erik Basil (EBasil) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Atzlan
About Me Erik Basil has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Diego
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik Basil

Showing 181 - 190 of 858 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...86

Forum » Thread

Re: External frame packs
Well, from a fashion sense, my internal-frame packs look to me like what they are: climbing gear. My external-frame pack looks to me like what it is: a high sierra backpack. I've used both ...

In GEAR » External Frame Packs?
February 25, 8:32am

Re: Crazy Ghidorah stove
That thing's a beast. I wonder: does/can a canister expel gas with enough flow and pressure to work well with that much stove head? I wonder about when it's cold out, too.

In GEAR » WOW New Bulin multiple head stove!
February 25, 8:11am

Plastic Fantastic
I use a UL plastic cup that came in my Scout mess kit 35+ years ago and includes free measuring graduations on the inside. The rest of the kit is long gone, but this piece is perfectly-sized, has ...

In GEAR » Coffee - carry a mug?
February 22, 6:31pm

Re: Stupid Heavy
This is an awesome thread, particularly the posts from hikers willing to 'fess up with a sense of humor. I particularly love the photo of the Dad at Pt. Reyes and the one of those Raichle'...

In GEAR » Examples of "Stupid Heavy"
February 22, 2:18pm

Re: concerns with hatchets
I noted the use of the hatchet and foot-placement, too. I forgot all about that, after I chased the link for the hatchet and nearly died: $160 dollar hatchet?? I was upset about the Estwing ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter Firebuilding Techniques (Video)
February 20, 5:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Hillbilly heading to LA
Jerry says, "Tommy's" and indeed. The one on Rampart (@ Beverly or so?) is the OG one. Also, if not from SoCal, In-N-Out burger. Those are iconic L.A. food. Oh, but what of Phil...

In Other Activities » Hillbilly heading to LA
February 20, 4:13pm

Re: Hillbilly heading to LA
I agree with the suggestion about the Natural History Museum and also the La Brea Tar Pits. If you leave the denim overalls home and actually wear shoes, you won't have any problems walking a...

In Other Activities » Hillbilly heading to LA
February 20, 3:04pm

Re: Re: Carbon fiber poles at Costco
Art, I noted the same thing. That package includes bunch of plastic, all the baskets and tips, etc..., though. My wife and son are coming off of aluminum poles with rubber grips that weigh ab...

In Gear Deals » Carbon fiber poles at Costco
February 20, 2:46pm

Re: posting just to post
+1 :)

In GEAR » Do it all pad combo
February 20, 2:43pm

Re: Who has a husband who backpacks with them who always has cold feet?
What does he do to deal with it, Franco?

In Chaff » Who has a husband who backpacks with them who always has cold feet?
February 20, 2:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Erik Basil

Erik Basil has posted no reviews.