BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 181 - 190 of 2288 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...229

Forum » Thread

Double-tube pack.
I had a Great Pacific Ironworks* softpack that was two vertical compartments. You couldn't haul a kitchen sink, but stuff was easier to find and less stuff got unpacked onto the ground than wit...

In GEAR » Rolled or Folded Ridgerest as Packframe
January 12, 11:33pm

"service dog"
From the link Paul posted to www.freemypaws.com where they sell ID cards for $99 to $199 (deluxe kit with vest): Q: I have to fly this week, do you offer expedited shipping? A. Yes we do, ple...

In On the Web » Canine thru-hike of CDT
January 09, 10:56am

Re: Re: Re: Canine thru-hike of CDT
>"Yikes! The comments on Ruffwear's site are quickly getting nasty." Maybe, like me, they're tired of all the abuses of the "service dog" concept. Just 20 years a...

In On the Web » Canine thru-hike of CDT
January 09, 10:41am

Re: Soup
Will, Freeze-dried peas and carrots, bacon bits, cut up beef jerky and/ or a dash of fish sauce are readily available store-bought possibilities to add to the soup.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Trader Joe's Dried Kimchi
January 08, 1:03pm

Mmmmmmmmmmm
Sarah, >"OK, guys....any of your ladies develop the desire to eat yuckies while pregnant? Pica is a nasty one! " We're high-elevation backpackers! When we get cravings, it i...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Americans waste $28 bil a year on vitamins, doctors say
January 07, 9:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Americans waste $28 bil a year on vitamins, doctors say
Billy, From wikipedia: Hyperbole (/haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hy-pur-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή hyperbolē, "exaggeration") is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or fig...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Americans waste $28 bil a year on vitamins, doctors say
January 07, 9:00pm

More xkcd.com hiking philosophy.
http://xkcd.com/120/

In Philosophy & Technique » Long distance thru hikes and feet growth / swelling
January 07, 6:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Americans waste $28 bil a year on vitamins, doctors say
>"Nutritionists rebut that Americans waste $1 Trillion a year on doctors!" Patient: "Nutritionist, my right lower leg seem to have suffered a double fracture - I can see the br...

January 07, 6:21pm

Alaskan applications
I wouldn't have to put my hand so close to the grizzly scat on the trail to determine: 1) is it still warm? 2) is it still steaming?

In On the Web » Thermal camera for iPhone
January 07, 5:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Best ABC watch for off trail travels
>"When a storm is coming in and you suddenly seem to rise by 500 feet, that can be a problem." Quite true, it can be a hurdle to navigation. An approaching low pressure system whic...

In GEAR » Best ABC watch for off trail travels
January 07, 3:23pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.