BPL Community Profile

Chris Gray (ChrisFol) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Denver, Coloado
About Me Chris Gray has not added a biography yet.
CityDenver
StateColorado
CountryUSA.
My PDF Gear ListThree-season Colorado, Sub 9Lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Gray

Showing 181 - 190 of 347 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...35

Forum » Thread

Re: CT Thru starting early July
"Can anybody ballpark what kind of nightly lows we'll probably be seeing? I would plan for over-night lows in the mid 30's-- certainly once you get to Leadville and beyond.

In Gear Lists » CT Thru starting early July
May 19, 10:53am

Re: Getting lighter!
With these figures it works out that you are only carrying 1LB of food per day-- this appears to be a little on the light side.

In Gear Lists » AT Gear List
May 18, 1:54pm

Re: CT Thru starting early July
How long are you planning to be on the trail? SOBO or NOBO? -For an early July start, I would argue that down pants are not going to be needed. I just took some Cap 2 bottoms to use as a part of...

In Gear Lists » CT Thru starting early July
May 18, 10:32am

Re: JMT kitchen for 2
You are taking a lot of bowl/cup items: AGG pot, two bowls and two mugs. -Could you guys get by with just the AGG pot and two bowls, or even, the AGG pot and one bowl. This could save you 6-7oz...

In Gear Lists » JMT kitchen for 2
May 17, 5:39pm

Re: gear shops in denver
None in the city that cater exclusivly to the UL crowd, but there are the usual suspects: REI, Sports Authority, Dicks (Lakewood), Wilderness Exchange, Bass Pro/Outdoor World.

In GEAR » gear shops in denver
May 17, 12:50pm

Re: Re: Micropur and 1.5 liter bottles?
+1 What Ben said 1 tablet for 1Litre of water. 1 1/2 tabs for 1.5L of water. It really is that simple.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Micropur and 1.5 liter bottles?
May 16, 1:33am

Re: Revisiting gear list
- A 3oz pad, what pad are you using? -Bear spray, is this needed? -Is the therm top needed? You have a nylon shirt, wind jacket, down jacket and rain jacket. Personally I would purchase somethi...

In Gear Lists » Revisiting gear list
May 15, 11:53pm

Re: Central Oregon Cascade and Coast Gear List
-There are lighter packs out there for the capacity. -Nix the pillow and use a torso length CCF pad. -Just tyvek for a ground cloth or, purchase a bivy and leave the ground cloth at home. -Ni...

In Gear Lists » Central Oregon Cascade and Coast Gear List
May 15, 10:11pm

Re: Frontier Pro for 2 people?
It works for my wife and I without any problem.

In GEAR » Water Treatmen/Filtration
May 14, 7:37pm

Re: AT Gear List
- Do you need a 3LB, 72L pack? There are smaller and lighter packs out there. -Nix the pillow. Put your clothes in an empty stuff sack at night. Save 7.2oz -Look into an alcohol stove and sav...

In Gear Lists » AT Gear List
May 13, 8:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Gray

Chris Gray has posted no reviews.