Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Coyle (Bigsac) - BPL Guest

My Locale NorCal
About Me John Coyle has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Coyle

Showing 181 - 190 of 214 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Thanks Roger
Just wanted to mention that several years ago I bought the GSI Bugaboo cookset for car camping which comes with the Cascadian bowl and cup. My cup and bowl are blue though. I have been very happ...

In GEAR » GSI Outdoors Cascadian Cup SPOTLITE REVIEW
May 23, 1:49pm

Heads Up For Ricoh G600
Just a heads up for a new point and shoot digital camera that was introduced April 22, 2008. It may be of interest to backpackers-excuse the redundancy if it's already been mentioned. From d...

In Photography » Heads Up For Ricoh G600
May 06, 10:57am

Best Camera for Hiking
I recently bought a Canon A720IS and I love it, although at 8.8 ozs with batteries, it is heavier than what you are looking for. It's features are as follows: 8MP, 6x lens(35-210 35mm equivile...

In Photography » Best Camera for Hiking?
April 04, 11:49pm

2007 Montrail Hardrocks
I have the 2007 model Hardrocks and I like them for hiking. They are surprisingly supportive for a running shoe and I find that my feet don't get as beat up when I use them compared to other r...

In GEAR » FYI: 2007 Montrail Hardrocks
March 11, 3:34pm

On being and oddly sized human being
David, you might want to check out Montbell products. I am a fairly normal 6' 1", 200 lbs, except I have wide shoulders. A year ago I ordered a large Montbell Thermawrap jacket and found...

In GEAR » On being an oddly sized human being
February 01, 9:38am

MSR Simmerlite Non-Hair Techniques
I have a love-hate relationship with the Simmerlite. It is light(for a white gas stove,) and dependable; but on the other hand, it won't simmer! I prime it with alcohol using a cheap eyedropp...

In GEAR » MSR Simmerlite Non-Hair Removing Techniques
January 10, 3:31pm

Canister Stoves and Altitude
I have hiked in the Sierra in the Lake Tahoe area with a Giga Power canister stove and haven't had any altitude related problems. I now use a Coleman F1 ultralight and haven't had any alti...

In GEAR » Canister Stoves and Altitude
September 16, 4:01pm

campsaver.com
Thanks for the heads up on Campsaver, wasn't familiar with them, but I put them on my favorites list. I like the free shipping on items over $50 and I won't have to pay the 7.75% Californi...

In Gear Deals » 20% off $100 @ campsaver.com
August 19, 10:23am

Big Arm Controversy
Just saw a show in which Hewel Howser climbed the famous cable route up Half Dome with about a hundred and fifty people. Not bad for an old man. After seeing the show, the thought occured to me--...

In Chaff » Big Arm Controversy
July 26, 1:00pm

Favorite Socks
My favorites are Smartwool Adrenaline Mini Crews. For some reason I have never been down with Coolmax or other synthetic socks--they seem too hot to me, but they do dry faster than the wool ones.

In GEAR » Favorite socks???
July 05, 2:08pm

All Reader Reviews by John Coyle

John Coyle has posted no reviews.