BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
StateID
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 181 - 190 of 351 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...36

Forum » Thread

Re: Watershoes?
“Does anybody else carry secondary shoes with them, to ford streams and to wear in camp?” The only question I ask myself: should I go with socks or without? Colder temperatures--- I go w/o...

In GEAR » Watershoes?
March 08, 12:35pm

Re: Fixed Length Poles
“ How often have you had them and wished you had variable length poles?” I used fixed length (GG LT3) all the time. While backpacking, I never wished for variable length. In the middle of no...

In GEAR » Fixed Length Poles
March 08, 12:22pm

Re: Batteries for a ZebraLight H51
Good stuff here. My random thoughts: 1) “L91 lithium energizer is the best one.” +1. It should say something like “8x longer than alkaline” on the package. Some of my best deals of tha...

In GEAR » Batteries for a ZebraLight H51
February 28, 12:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Your Steripen Adventure Is My Steripen Adventure
“Could there have been some type of malfunction within the lamp that caused UV output reduction in conjunction with a dimmer visible light? Or are the two so exclusive of each other that I'm ...

In GEAR » My Steripen Adventure: Concerns and Vindication
February 27, 5:08pm

Re: socks
"I have a pair of fleece socks that have saved my feet in the wet and snow on several occasions. They are warmer than wool and dry out fast" Is there any way we can know the brand and ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Fast and Light Shoulder Season Footwear Tips
February 27, 11:06am

Re: Fast and Light Shoulder Season Footwear Tips
Sorry, slight deviating comment to follow: “April in Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho.” What? I didn’t see you there? Of course it was kind of empty. I was with my cousin th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Fast and Light Shoulder Season Footwear Tips
February 23, 2:52pm

Re: Favorite cheap sunglasses?
Sport EYZ http://www.sporteyz.com/shop.html UV protection, 0.9oz, great for contacts and fits over my glasses. The foam helps direct sweat away from the glasses. The elastic helps keep my glass...

In GEAR » Favorite cheap sunglasses?
February 23, 1:44pm

Re: Product Ideas and Feedback Wanted
“I am also interested to hear about other products ideas people may have.. ” For CCF pads, I feel most comfy on the ¾” thick versions. Other accessory ideas: 1. First aid stuff 2. BPL p...

In Gear Deals » Product Ideas and Feedback Wanted
February 23, 1:03pm

Re: What a Scout Needs for Backpacking
Good write up! “I have never had a Scout show up for an outing with everything except a backpack.” It happened to me once. “You forgot what!?”. The boy brought all his stuff in a garb...

In Editor's Roundtable » What a Scout Needs for Backpacking
February 14, 4:11pm

Re: Re: FS: Cuben SMD Wild Oasis
"If only you hadn't cut the netting off the perimeter..." +1

In Gear Swap » FS: Cuben SMD Wild Oasis
January 17, 3:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.