Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Matthew Marasco (BabyMatty) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Western/Central PA, Adirondacks
About Me Matthew Marasco has not added a biography yet.
CityNiagara Falls
StateNY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matthew Marasco

Showing 181 - 190 of 290 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

re:
I think 15 degrees is what I am hoping to achieve with this combo. Has anyone ever tried the bag-in-bag method before? I'm interested to hear others' experiences.

In GEAR » How low can I go with this sleeping set up?
February 17, 2:07pm

re:
Thanks for the heads-up! My winter hikes are usually shorter, and we try to have a fire every night for something to do after it gets dark at 5pm, and there's no sense in spending $200 on a nic...

In Gear Deals » $25 Down Jacket
February 17, 8:05am

Re: Re: How low can I go with this sleeping set up?
Well let's see, I would be sleeping in a double-walled tent or possibly the same tent pitched with the fly only. There might be another person in the shelter with me, but not definite. Combined...

February 17, 8:01am

re:
Those look awesome! For where the areas I hike in PA and the Adirondacks, I frequently cross rocky streams. It's sometimes a pain to do barefoot (I don't like soaking my shoes, so I usually...

In GEAR » Sand Socks
February 16, 9:21pm

Cheap -20 bag
On steep and cheap right now. Mountainsmith Humboldt, 48 oz of 650 fill down. Not UL, but it's $125. Also can be found at the link below for only a few bucks more, if you see this after the dea...

In Gear Deals » Cheap -20 bag
February 16, 8:11pm

How low can I go with this sleeping set up?
Well basically I can't afford to buy a new cold weather down bag. I do, however have two Lafuma ~30 deg bags. One has 9 oz of 750 fill, the other has 10.6 oz 750 fill. I have tried layering the...

February 16, 10:14am

re:
Thanks for reading! Ben, hopefully I'll have another TR from the area to post this spring, featuring your Ohm! (which fits great, by the way). Diana, I also hope I'll get to use it again. I...

In Post-Trip Reports » Early October '10, High Falls Loop and side trails, Adirondacks. First ever TR!
February 13, 12:28pm

re:
I've got Trimble Outdoors and the file is only 2 mb. I could probably send it to anyone as an attachment if you're interested. You would have to use Astro to install it, but that's no b...

In GEAR » Best GPS application for Android for hiking
February 11, 8:54pm

re:
From the TRs and other pics I have seen of Algonquin, it seems very similar in terms of scenery and wildlife to the western Adirondacks, where I do lots of my hiking and paddling. It really looks l...

In Post-Trip Reports » Snowshoeing The Western Uplands Trail
February 06, 6:16pm

re:
Awesome report, I really enjoy that kind of scenery. I hope to make it up to Algonquin soon myself. Do you paddle as well?

In Post-Trip Reports » Snowshoeing The Western Uplands Trail
February 06, 1:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Matthew Marasco

Matthew Marasco has posted no reviews.