Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Benson (AaronMB) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Valley California
About Me English Grad' student who loves the outdoors.

Getting lighter!
CityVisalia
StateCA
My PDF Gear ListAaron's Warm(er) Season Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Benson

Showing 181 - 190 of 305 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...31

Forum » Thread

re:water proof
If gaiters are worn over rain paints, I would assume that they are being worn to protect the often-delicate nature of rain paints, not to add to any waterproofing. I don't wear rain pains, but ...

In GEAR » Convince me of the merits of gaiters.
May 18, 12:15am

re: "Convince me of the merits of gaiters."
I will reiterate the above pro-gaiter posts. I wear convertible pants as I like to hike in shorts when the weather allows; plenty of trails get narrow and I like the gaiters for the vegetation, ...

In GEAR » Convince me of the merits of gaiters.
May 17, 8:40am

re: "Planting Seeds"
Excellent. Thanks very much for sharing these. ...refreshing when cabin fever hits because final term papers dictate the weekend! You faired well with that new Nikon of yours.

In Post-Trip Reports » Planting Seeds
May 15, 7:36pm

re:"Thru Hike Training with Trekking Poles"
I use poles and like them. I say take the poles with you while training. If nothing, you'll figure out a rhythm and how you might use them a little different while ascending or descending. You...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thru Hike Training with Trekking Poles
May 15, 2:30pm

re:"Ursack Thumbs Down"
Aside the different mentalities (ignorance, apathy, ego, &c) what's the difference between those choosing not to use required bear canisters and those in campgrounds that don't use them...

In GEAR » Ursack Thumbs Down
May 15, 2:03pm

re:"First Tarp -- not too much $$"
My only tarp-like experience is with the Gatewood Cape, so I have to second the above post. I really like mine. It's a great piece if you can bump your budget a bit.

In GEAR » First Tarp -- not too much $$
May 14, 10:26pm

re:"WANTED to BUY and get oppinions of-six moons serenity net tent"
I like mine! I'm only 5'5" so I've a bit of storage room inside. Even in the middle of the night, the GW Cape goes over in a jiff if the rain sneaks up.

In Gear Swap » WANTED to BUY and get oppinions of-six moons serenity net tent
May 14, 10:16pm

re: uses for silicone wrist band
I've put a silicone wrist band around the top rim of my Ti cup to protect my bottom lip while sipping hot liquids. Works great.

In Multiple Use Gear » What could you do with a silicone wrist band?
May 12, 8:35am

BearVault, Backcountry.com and Good Service
(I suppose this post best fits here?) Briefly, I want to give credit to Backcountry.com. I ordered a Bear Vault 450 with two-day delivery. It arrived when it was supposed to, theoretically: UPS ...

In GEAR » BearVault, Backcountry.com and Good Service
May 11, 7:41am

re:"Beginner/First Time Gear"
I'll second the idea of buying a pack last - unless you see something you're really interested in at a great price. With that, as also suggested, if you see it for sale on Gear Swap, don...

In GEAR » Beginner/First Time Gear
May 05, 8:05am

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Benson

Aaron Benson has posted no reviews.