BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 181 - 190 of 368 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: Moment (& Scarp series) crossingpole re-design
Eric, Your idea for a mod, though interesting and admirable in its intent, wont work. A pole simply wont flex that way and stay within the confines of the canopy. To get the pole to touch the a...

In GEAR » A Moment in the snow
December 16, 10:59pm

Re: internal condensation
>So, it stayed pretty dry? Can't see a whole lot from the picture. Yes, completely dry. No snow into the interior. -H

December 16, 3:58pm

Re: Re: A Moment in the snow
> Much more snow and I think it might have either buckled under the red line or snapped under the pink line. My 2 cents is that, yes, much more snow would have started to permanently bend the...

December 16, 3:56pm

Re: Scarp 1 Pole Termination Point
The poles have to extend past the corner and down toward the ground or they would have to way to tension the corner fabric which, in turn, pulls the inverted-V corner supports outward and prevents ...

In GEAR » Scarp 1 Pole Termination Point
November 11, 3:59pm

Re: Shipping Times
Sarah, I agree completely. Once an item leaves the US via the postal service, we have absolutely no control over how long it takes to arrive at the destination. Between customs and mail getting t...

In GEAR » Best/worst overseas shipping performance
October 23, 2:11pm

Re: Scarp1 update
>I reckon the Scarp 1 update should be available soonish. Yes, next month. -H

In GEAR » Guess I'll Waiting for the New Akto and Scarp 1
October 17, 8:48am

Re: Upcoming Design Changes Hilleberg/Tarptent??
The Scarp 1 is out of stock but a revision is in production. The primary change is a lower cut fly. Pitch tension is improved and there is more facility to slide the fly edges up and down the arch ...

In GEAR » Upcoming Design Changes Hilleberg/Tarptent??
October 14, 4:46pm

re: Moonbow Gear
"Big John" (Jonathan Mccue) of Moonbowgear is out hiking the PCT this summer--just saw him two days ago at Cascade Locks--and is unsure about his return/completion date. At some point he...

In GEAR » Moonbow Gear
August 31, 3:25pm

Re: Re: Moment
>"It hasn't shipped yet." That's correct. Shipping starts Sept 8 and no one has demos. I will have one to show at PCT Day (Marine Park, Cascade Locks) on Saturday for anyon...

In GEAR » New Tarptent ;this is the Moment !!!
August 27, 10:05pm

Feel the love
Just for the record, Tarptent and Gossamer Gear go way back and we're all good friends. Glen and I just got back from 5 days hiking together around Mt Rainier. -H

In GEAR » Gossamer Vs Tarptent (You Pick?)
July 30, 11:14am

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm