Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 181 - 190 of 11979 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...1198

Forum » Thread

Re: Beginner Ice Axe Questions
Craig, have you had ice axe training? Or, are you just watching some videos on the net and expect to go from there? It sounds like you need to get an hour's worth of training from somebody who ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Beginner Ice Axe Questions
December 29, 8:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Winter Trip Suggestions
The Red Lake turnoff is on Hwy 88, east of Carson Pass, near the bottom of the big hill. I think it is a snowmobile park. Snowmobile tracks will start out to the south, and then you are on the Blue...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Winter Trip Suggestions
December 29, 5:35pm

Re: Understanding my Casio barometric altimeter watch
All I know is that when I am standing at one place, and then the apparent barometic altitude appears to have me elevating by 500 feet, it is time to tighten up the guylines on the tent. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Understanding my Casio barometric altimeter watch
December 29, 5:23pm

Re: Test Formatting
"(I see the numbers are barely legible and I don't see how to improve them) " Make the data columns narrow instead of wide. --B.G.--

In User Test Forum » Test Formatting
December 29, 4:20pm

Re: re: re:
Lori, that article speaks of drops or tablets, not elemental iodine. Also, it states that iodine has low to moderate effectiveness on Giardia. That is the primary risk that most backpackers are ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I'm converted to light wieght
December 29, 4:17pm

Re: re: water tx
" http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11990150/ " That article refers to iodine tablets only. Elemental iodine hasn't been condemned. I agree, though, that some people are v...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I'm converted to light wieght
December 29, 3:35pm

Re: Volumetrically Dense Fruit Cake
Dan, most of those cake items are kind of low for calories per ounce. One exception might be lemon-date-nut bread, and it seems to have lots of liquid butter poured into it. The problem is that man...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Volumetrically Dense Food?
December 29, 3:30pm

Re: Re: Down jacket for Nepal trekking
When I was there the last time (mid-October), we got to Dingboche, and it was a bit cold. Fortunately, there was a tea house that was warm, even though we were sleeping out in tents. The tea house ...

In GEAR » Down jacket for Nepal trekking
December 29, 1:15pm

Re: Winter Trip Suggestions
Do a light, fast, trans-Sierra trip. Group A starts from the Red Lake turnoff east of Carson Pass, and goes south on the Blue Lakes jeep road. Group B starts from the plowed end of Hwy 4 near th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Winter Trip Suggestions
December 29, 1:08pm

Re: Re: Lightweight Backpacking News: Digest No. 6
Ken, you are just a troublemaker. They want to publish what they want without any feedback. --B.G.--

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacking News: Digest No. 6
December 29, 11:52am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.