Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 181 - 190 of 12256 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...1226

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: (Trail) Shelf Life of Homemade Energy/Protein Bars
"My understanding is that water is your enemy here; the more of it you remove from the ingredients, the better." I agree. As an example, Logan Bread batter uses very little water. Then...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » (Trail) Shelf Life of Homemade Energy/Protein Bars
February 06, 3:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Interesting thread
We discussed our intentions for the trip and decided that we would never be separated too far, so we took only one satellite communicator. If we had thought that we might be scouting or roaming mor...

In Philosophy & Technique » Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
February 06, 3:37pm

Re: Re: MSR Whisperlite Universal flame control question (Roger Caffin please read)
"Why don't you just pump one or two times, start stove. Why does it need to be fully pressurized to start?" Exactly. This is not exactly the same stove, but it is close. I got v...

In GEAR » MSR Whisperlite Universal flame control question (Roger Caffin please read)
February 06, 3:32pm

Re: Re: Vest filled with rice
It might be simpler to wear a conventionally insulated vest. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Vest filled with rice
February 06, 3:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how much would you spend to save weight
Doug probably hasn't weighed 105 pounds since he was about seven years old. --B.G.--

In GEAR » how much would you spend to save weight
February 06, 3:22pm

Re: MSR Whisperlite Universal flame control question (Roger Caffin please read)
"The great simmering MER Dragonfly stove" What the heck is this? --B.G.--

In GEAR » MSR Whisperlite Universal flame control question (Roger Caffin please read)
February 06, 3:20pm

Re: Carbon Fiber Tarp Pole
Note that 60 inches is kind of tall for a solo shelter pole. Lots of solo shelters use something around 42-45 inches, so you could use three of these four sections to get to about 45 inches. It'...

In Gear Swap » Carbon Fiber Tarp Pole
February 06, 2:56pm

Re: Vest filled with rice
What kind of fill power are you shooting for? It is going to be very heavy. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Vest filled with rice
February 06, 2:52pm

Re: (Trail) Shelf Life of Homemade Energy/Protein Bars
I never refrigerate my squares of Logan Bread. I commonly consume the squares 1-3 months after baking. Occasionally I have let it go 6 months. I never throw any out unless there is mold growing on ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » (Trail) Shelf Life of Homemade Energy/Protein Bars
February 06, 2:51pm

Re: Interesting thread
For one trip last year, two of us had to plan whether we were going to carry a satellite communicator for the two of us, or one per person. One per person would be handy if we got separated and nee...

In Philosophy & Technique » Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
February 06, 1:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.