Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 181 - 190 of 11609 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...1161

Forum » Thread

Re: thanks for sharing
"canister stoves are the only stoves allowed during a fire ban." I'm not sure where you got this, but it isn't correct. White gas stoves are used all of the time. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Snow Peak LiteMax stove malfunction? or was it the canister's fault? or maybe just my own stupidity?
October 18, 6:47pm

Re: photo of the LiteMax
Your photo seems to show an o-ring. The photo is a little underexposed, but the o-ring seems to be in one piece. It looks lop-sided, but this might be caused by the camera angle and shadows. --B...

In GEAR » Snow Peak LiteMax stove malfunction? or was it the canister's fault? or maybe just my own stupidity?
October 18, 5:29pm

Re: Light Economical Net (under 6 oz.)
Just use a mosquito net head bag. Multiple use. --B.G.--

In Fishing » Light Economical Net (under 6 oz.)
October 18, 1:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tyvek bathtub floor?
1) It stinks? That amazes me. I have a sensitive nose, and I have never smelled anything from the cuben fiber that I have used from four different companies. 2) It leaks? That also amazes ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tyvek bathtub floor?
October 17, 10:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tyvek bathtub floor?
I don't know. I think it depends on your definition of waterproof and your definition of noise. As you can tell, there is some kind of plastic coating on the Tyvek surface, at least on one side...

October 17, 9:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Tyvek bathtub floor?
I never had any wetness problem with house wrap Tyvek as long as it was fairly new and noisy. Once you wash it enough to get the noise out, you will have made lots of little micro-tears in the coat...

October 17, 9:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Baxter Pass
"Long day, huh?" Worse. I knew that it was going to be a hot and long day, so I had broken camp at 10,000 feet a little early. I made it down to the parking lot before 10 a.m., then...

In Post-Trip Reports » Season Finale- Baxter Pass 10/7-8
October 17, 9:21pm

Re: Re: Snow Peak LiteMax stove malfunction? or was it the canister's fault? or maybe just my own stupidity?
"It may be best to send the stove to Snow Peak for inspection." You can pretty well guess what Snow Peak is going to say. --B.G.--

October 17, 9:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Baxter Pass
Come to think of it, you are right. West of Baxter Lakes, the trail was iffy as it wandered through a forest. However, I knew fundamentally where the trail was supposed to be, so once the ducks ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Season Finale- Baxter Pass 10/7-8
October 17, 8:16pm

Re: Re: Re: keeping with dual use
It's hard to find good freeze-dried baklava. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » knitted pot cozy?
October 17, 7:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.