November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Guest

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 181 - 190 of 12816 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...1282

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: RE: Re: The Bobcats Came Back & Climbed a Telephone Pole
Valerie, don't you think that you are now obligated to provide bobcat healthcare and bobcat housing assistance? --B.G.--

In Photo Gallery » Bobcat Pair Courting
May 12, 12:46pm

Re: Re: Relax-A-Fire Firestarters
Gary, don't you think that those fire starters will burn better if you rebuild your firepot with titanium wire? --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » Relax-A-Fire Firestarters Lightweight, Quick, and Safe
May 12, 12:43pm

Re: The dying of BPL
BPL isn't dead. It's just sleeping. (with apologies to Monte Python) --B.G.--

In GEAR » Gentrified?
May 12, 11:43am

Re: Re: Bellows
"Acrylic coating is used to hold shape; it is NOT used as a waterproof coating!" Often acrylic coating starts off being intended as a waterproof coating, but it doesn't end up as a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Crystal 35...Cuben alternative ??????
May 12, 11:41am

Re: Filtering Water
"The general consensus was to double treat..using clorox, tablets, or aquamira to cover virus's combined with a Sawyer." I'll bet that the gear companies liked that. They get t...

In GEAR » Have you ever gotten sick after filtering water?
May 12, 11:33am

Re: Re: Help Me Lighten my Load
"BRS-3000T at $11 from GearBest but it is tiny (really tiny when folded) and light at 0.75 ounces." David, is that accurate? I thought that it was supposed to be 25 grams. Mine weig...

In Gear Lists » Help Me Lighten my Load
May 11, 5:22pm

Re: Best way to secure a quilt liner
Tiny safety pins. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Best way to secure a quilt liner
May 11, 12:40pm

Re: re: Titan + Spider + Windscreen
If you have about four short splits in the top edge of the bottom piece and another four in the bottom edge of the top piece, then you should be able to line those up so that the top one stands on ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Spider + Titan + Windscreen: Height and Storage Issues
May 11, 12:37am

Re: Ozark Trail 1p Tent
You only need to seal the seams that you have not previously sealed. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tent guylines?
May 11, 12:33am

Re: Spider + Titan + Windscreen: Height and Storage Issues
I don't know if you can make this practical, but you might try two strips of foil instead of one, and stack one vertically above the other one. There are all sorts of ways to make one stand on ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Spider + Titan + Windscreen: Height and Storage Issues
May 10, 10:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.