BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 181 - 190 of 11057 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...1106

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Alarm Clock - no batteries needed
"Might be a bit heavy" That's an understatement, right? This is BPL. The shipping weight is 8.8 ounces! --B.G.--

In GEAR » Alarm Clock
July 02, 10:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Up-to-date Weather Reports on DeLorme inReach
Yes, this is the current table of service plans. What it does not show would be the terms that affect others who were grandfathered in prior to the start of the Freedom Plan (late March, I believe)...

In GEAR » Up-to-date Weather Reports on DeLorme inReach
July 02, 3:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Up-to-date Weather Reports on DeLorme inReach
Manfred, you are completely missing my point. You are looking at this as it applies to you, and not how it applies to users in general. Yes, you are thinking about outgoing messages as they appl...

July 02, 2:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Up-to-date Weather Reports on DeLorme inReach
"I defined "wx now" to "+17204632647" as one of my pre-set messages, which makes sending my request for the weather report free." But again, that depends on the ser...

July 02, 2:25pm

1 ounce spray bottle
There is a similar spray, and it is one ounce of DEET, 95%. The brand name is Repel 100. The spray bottle is refillable. I find the odor to be slightly less objectionable than other DEET brands. ...

In GEAR » Deet in a pump spray bottle
July 02, 1:34pm

Re: Re: Up-to-date Weather Reports on DeLorme inReach
Remember that this stuff isn't free. Messages will count in your service plan. --B.G.--

July 02, 1:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Alarm Clock
Donna, I have one of those. With a battery, it weighs 2.15 ounces. It uses a single AAA battery, not AA battery. If I could cut one ounce out of my base weight, it would have already been done. ...

In GEAR » Alarm Clock
July 02, 12:10pm

Re: Re: Resqlink
"notifies the appropriate rescue agencies" That is the tricky part. Based on the GPS position sent in the SOS message, somebody has to look at a map and figure out who to contact. Insi...

In Gear Lists » Spot?
July 02, 12:38am

Re: Gobble and pad Thai
Christopher, if you ever get out to the wilderness known as Silicon Valley, you can find Old Wisconsin, but it is hit or miss. I never see it in mainstream supermarkets, but I do see it in stores s...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 4 ingredients or less lazy freezer bag cooking
July 02, 12:15am

Re: Response to Adam
"Never thought of backing off on TP. Again, at 64 I have had some issues, that may be more demanding than 6 sheets a day. last year. I almost didn't have enough. but I will reconsider this...

In Gear Lists » First Solo on JMT gear list
July 02, 12:08am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.