BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 181 - 190 of 10379 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...1038

Forum » Thread

Re: Possibly unusual headlamp question
The short answer is, yes, there are. If we take the two major classes of headlamps, you have unregulated and regulated. An unregulated light takes the straight battery voltage and drives the ...

In GEAR » Possibly unusual headlamp question
March 31, 1:41pm

Re: Whitney zone #2
Years ago, the Mount Shasta Wilderness started the same WAG bag policy. In that WAG bag, there was a paper bulls-eye target that you were to lay on the ground for use. Still, some hikers had to be ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Whitney zone #2
March 31, 12:41pm

Re: Pack Dimensions
When I think about over-snow travel, I think about cross country skis. Others may think about snowshoes or else just boots. For cross country skiing, you want a backpack that is slightly narrow....

In GEAR » Pack Dimension Question - Urgent
March 31, 12:34pm

Re: Exit via whitney portal
"I'd love to have a pet marmot" Yes, they are real fun for about five minutes. Then when they go to work on that backpack, the gloves come off. Once I had been on the Whitney su...

In GEAR » Lightest stuff sack/daypack?
March 31, 12:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Fuel
I've never had any problems with JB Weld on alcohol stove parts, as long as it isn't in the flame or next to the flame. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Welding Blanket Under Alcohol Stove for Winter Conditions
March 31, 12:12pm

Re: Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Dry Daypack
Good Grief! 90 grams would be a relative brick. --B.G.--

March 31, 1:23am

Re: New! With Altitude!
"...then obviously they are Bob's fault." Hey, I don't have a dog in that fight. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » The Alcohol Stove “Efficiency Percentage” Test Thread
March 30, 11:06pm

Re: Lightest stuff sack/daypack?
First of all, if you are going up Whitney from Guitar Lake, which way are you departing? It sounds like you might be intending to exit by the Mount Whitney Trail and you have the correct exit pe...

March 30, 11:04pm

Re: Altitude
There are charts which show the boiling point of water for different altitudes. I mean, if you are going to make this, then make it right. Or, put a disclaimer up front that it only applies to s...

In Make Your Own Gear » The Alcohol Stove “Efficiency Percentage” Test Thread
March 30, 9:12pm

Re: =/
In early April, the conditions can vary a lot. Some roads will still be gated, and some of the ranger stations are still closed for winter. Some of the lower elevation trails are open. Of course th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sequoia in April
March 30, 9:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.