BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 181 - 190 of 11080 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...1108

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Reply to Bob
"@ Bob, this is getting a bit off topic but Sony is about 10 years ahead of Nikon and Canon in the stills camera department." That is a funny joke that you made. --B.G.--

In Photography » lightroom vs aperture for a noob
July 06, 1:35pm

Re: Reply to Bob
"Your generalisation is not always correct." That's why I said 'most' and not 'all'. Mainstream cameras are more like Nikon and Canon. Sony keeps trying to make ...

July 06, 12:16pm

Re: lightroom vs aperture for a noob
For most mainstream cameras which can shoot RAW files, your best program is the utility that came free with the camera, or the program recommended for that camera. That will allow you to make the n...

July 06, 11:44am

Re: cold feet
"The question then becomes what to put on to keep all this dry when stepping out of shelter in the night." I have some Tyvek shoe covers, sort of like large slippers. Those fit well ov...

In GEAR » Cold sleeper gets FROZEN toes at night looking for UL but warm socks
July 06, 1:32am

Re: antiobiotics?
"I am surprised at those carrying antiobiotics?" Cody, if you read the entire thread, we were not advocating carrying antibiotics on every backpacking trip. As I mentioned, sometimes w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Emergency drugs?
July 06, 1:29am

Re: Re: Re: Newbie Gear List - Weighed and Listed
"I wish I knew more on how to get my gears volume needs figured out, but my lack of experience limits that, My answer is to take it to my local dealer, Quest Outdoors and see how it fits in th...

In Gear Lists » Newbie Gear List - Weighed and Listed
July 06, 12:24am

Re: Rae Lakes Loop, June 2014
I see you managed to visit East Lake, and even a view of Mount Brewer squeezed in there. --B.G.--

In Post-Trip Reports » Rae Lakes Loop, June 2014
July 05, 8:41pm

Re: Logan Bread
I'm partial to the slight molasses flavor of most Logan Bread. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » food
July 05, 6:22pm

Re: Baked ESBIT?
Why can't we simply make Esbit Jerky? --B.G.--

In GEAR » stored ESBIT "odour"
July 05, 6:18pm

Re: Re: food
I believe that the butterfat of whole milk, eggs, and yeast that make mold problems in the various Logan Bread recipes. In some cases, the cooking oil will also. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » food
July 05, 4:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.