November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1791 - 1796 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180

Forum » Thread

Ultra-Light External Frame Pack
You are correct. This was the first External Frame I made. It weighed 20oz and used the Army Ruck Frame as a model. The Army Frame weighed 32oz. All my frames are the same size as the Army Ruck...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultra-Light External Frame Pack
April 22, 9:42pm

I posted this when the "Forums" first started. I tried to post a picture but could not make it work. Now that I have it figured out here is the post. The Ultra-Light External Frame i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultra-Light External Frame Pack
April 20, 8:35pm

Snow Peak Cozy - Clone
This Thread has 'timed-out".

In Make Your Own Gear » Snow Peak Cozy - Clone
April 20, 8:01pm

Where to buy silnylonin the UK?
Try this website. They are in North Yorks, Via Lancaster,LA2 7LF what ever this means. They have a large line of fabric to include "Pertex Qu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Where to buy silnylon in the UK?
April 02, 4:38pm

Orikaso - Fold Flat - Bowl, Cup and Dish
I just love cleaver things. I just received a set of the Orikaso Flat "Origami" like Bowls, Cups and Dish. This has to be one of the mo...

In Photo Gallery » How to use photo posting features in the forums
March 25, 11:03pm

The Ultra-Light External Frame is made of Titanium and Carbon Fiber and weighs 6.6oz stripped. The Pack Bag was a "first draft" and made out of scrap material and with the shoulder strap...

In Photo Gallery » How to use photo posting features in the forums
December 10, 9:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am