BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1791 - 1800 of 2075 | Page: 1 ...171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ...208

Forum » Thread

Anwers to all those questions - Sorry I'm late
Thanks for all the compliments ya’ll. Some of you were asking specific questions about the area we visited etc. so I’ll try and answer those. John Donewar – On where to go, if you look at...

In Editor's Roundtable » SUL with My Kid Brother
December 11, 7:16pm

Possible Uses
Most of us won't need to haul 100 pounds unless we hunt but a pack thats sub 3 lbs for 60 or 70 pounds would be great. I can think of a few cases where this would be really nice. 1. Wildern...

In GEAR » New Kifaru Pack - less then 3lbs, 5200 ci, will carry 100+ lbs!
December 10, 10:23pm

MYOG
Sounds like you have some options with ready made packs. Just a few thoughts. 1. I have used frameless packs almost exclusively the last couple of years, In my opinion their are some inheren...

In GEAR » frameless pack for 14 inch torso
December 09, 11:08pm

Thanks and Ponies
Thanks ya'll. Kathy if you ever want to do some hiking in this area shoot me an email. I've been through it about six times so I can point you toward the best views and ponies.

In Editor's Roundtable » SUL with My Kid Brother
December 07, 7:49pm

Wilderness areas
I don't know much about fishing but here are a few ideas. 1. The AT near Lexington VA. Check out the secion throught the James River Face wilderness and the north of the James River to the B...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Ideas for quick backpacking trip?
December 03, 10:04pm

Footwear
Nice report Will. I had a similar experience when I did a lot of wading in a canyon. Lots of blisters. Normally I don't have a problem with blisters on long days, and I don't mind wet fe...

In Post-Trip Reports » Long Trail Unsupported Attempt - August 2010
November 30, 11:17pm

re re
I'm in agreement with Jerry. I've used a number of different frameless packs and I always prefer a hipbelt. I use it most of the time, especially at first when my pack is heavier. I also...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Pack - Torso Size?
November 22, 11:33am

Re Re Gila Wilderness in the Fall
Thanks Tony, your trip reports about the Sierras have been inspiring, I'll have to check out some of your areas if I'm ever back in CA. Mike maybe we'll cross paths there some day. I ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Gila Wilderness in the Fall
November 19, 11:38pm

5 pounds
I've gone sub 5 lbs before and love it. If I don't need a lot of insulation I can even have a seperate shelter and rain gear. If I need more insulation than I can us my poncho tarp to sav...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How low will you go?
November 16, 11:50am

Carry Option
I've heard another technique for carrying stuff out, haven't had to try it yet. You get a section of PVC pipe and cap one end. Than you install a strew on cap at the other end. All waste...

In Post-Trip Reports » 27 Hours in Glacier Gorge
November 16, 10:56am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.