BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1781 - 1790 of 2075 | Page: 1 ...170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ...208

Forum » Thread

Username
The nickname that stuck the longest was "Chief" which was actually a sort of title at a therapy camp I worked at (apparently they'ed had an old west type theme way back). It was &quo...

In Chaff » Forum nicknames
January 30, 7:33am

re. 5-7 days hike in Colorad
One thing I would suggest if you are coming from Ohio is to make sure you have time to aclimitize. Last trip I went up to fast and was pretty miserable. I like the Indian Peaks area a lot but l...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Suggestions for 5-7 day hike in Colorado
January 24, 4:15pm

Where to go
The Crest Trail and the AT make a loop through most of the really good areas. i would also hit the AT between Elk Garden adn Rhododendren Gap or at least the Gap to Mt. Rogers. On the thread foll...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grayson Highlands over Easter
January 05, 1:16am

Sand Dunes
I would guess the Sand Dunes would be snow free early in the spring. Not a big area but a unique place. One thing about the sand. It gets into EVERYTHING. After seeing the sand work its way int...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Elk Mountain Range and Sangre del Cristo
December 31, 4:24pm

Mtn Lion Tracks
If I recall you're right Mountain Lions occassionally leave claw marks. I'm looking more at the shape of this track, the toe pads and the alignment of the toes and thinking thats a really...

In Post-Trip Reports » The Foothills Trail in 4 days!
December 28, 10:28am

Very Cool
Nice Trip report Daniel. The foothills trail has been on my to-do list for a while. My friends took a group of boys down that trail and loved it. How big was that track you took a picture of? ...

In Post-Trip Reports » The Foothills Trail in 4 days!
December 27, 1:45pm

Route advice
John I hope your trip goes well. I just thought of a couple more things. 1. I really like the Nat. Geo. maps because they show the springs. They run most of the time (I've never seen them d...

In Editor's Roundtable » SUL with My Kid Brother
December 14, 1:03pm

Thoughts
I have tried a Nano and a Golite Virga (another lightweight rain jacket). Personally I wouldn't want to wear either one in an all day rainstorm. For that kind of situation I would look at hea...

In GEAR » Isotope Nano/ Questions
December 13, 5:25pm

Re JMT with my 13 year old
I would agree with the idea of starting small and working your way up. I did that with my little brother and now he can't get enough of backpacking. I would have two main concerns that I wo...

In Philosophy & Technique » JMT with my 13 year old
December 13, 8:33am

Re Fabric
Well I hope we keep coexisting:) I see hunting gear as somewhat different because the goals are somewhat different (finding an animal not traveling for its own sake). I doubt hunters would want...

In GEAR » New Kifaru Pack - less then 3lbs, 5200 ci, will carry 100+ lbs!
December 11, 10:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.