BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1781 - 1790 of 2059 | Page: 1 ...170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ...206

Forum » Thread

re re
I'm in agreement with Jerry. I've used a number of different frameless packs and I always prefer a hipbelt. I use it most of the time, especially at first when my pack is heavier. I also...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Pack - Torso Size?
November 22, 11:33am

Re Re Gila Wilderness in the Fall
Thanks Tony, your trip reports about the Sierras have been inspiring, I'll have to check out some of your areas if I'm ever back in CA. Mike maybe we'll cross paths there some day. I ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Gila Wilderness in the Fall
November 19, 11:38pm

5 pounds
I've gone sub 5 lbs before and love it. If I don't need a lot of insulation I can even have a seperate shelter and rain gear. If I need more insulation than I can us my poncho tarp to sav...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How low will you go?
November 16, 11:50am

Carry Option
I've heard another technique for carrying stuff out, haven't had to try it yet. You get a section of PVC pipe and cap one end. Than you install a strew on cap at the other end. All waste...

In Post-Trip Reports » 27 Hours in Glacier Gorge
November 16, 10:56am

Re New must-have in bear country
I gotta get one of those bags. Can you imagine the pranks I could pull and the trouble I could get into if I took one of those to my old summer camp? We had enough fun with a gorilla mask, this w...

In GEAR » New must-have in bear country
November 10, 9:44pm

Cool
Nice posting David. I would like to know more about your pack construction projects. The pictures look very interesting.

In Post-Trip Reports » A November overnight in Glacier
November 08, 10:22pm

Packing List
I think I'm in agreement with you on the packing dilema Eugene. I used mostly down because it worked so well there. My only synthic insulation is a 16 oz REI jacket. Its kinda thin for 25 de...

November 08, 8:58pm

Photos
Photos should be up. I posted them seperately under trip reports.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Gila Wilderness in October or November
November 08, 7:54pm

Success!
I just got back from the Gila. It was an awesome trip, all my excpectations where met or exceeded. My only regret was that I had to come home. I wish I could have stayed out at least two more ni...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Gila Wilderness in October or November
November 08, 5:40pm

Gila Wilderness in the Fall
Here is a report for my trip to the Gila Wilderness Area. Thanks Eugene for the help planning this. I was drawn to the Gila because it was remote and scenic and it wasn't likely to be sno...

November 08, 5:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.