BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1761 - 1770 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180

Forum » Thread

Tilley Hat
Hi Carol, I really love my Tilley hat and making a lighter replacement that I would wear is going to be a large task. I have found a "made in America" company in South Florida that is making what...

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Light Weight - Make Your Own for an AT Thru-Hike
June 15, 11:11am

2oz G6 Clone
Hi Paul, Thanks for the nice comment. Amazing, no. Patience, yes. What is amazing is the time it takes me to do something like this pack. You would not want to pay me to do this by the hour. A...

June 14, 11:07pm

SUL G6 Clone for an AT Thru-Hike
I have a G6 pack that weighs 3.44oz. I like it a lot, however for an AT Thru-Hike I made a few changes. I changed the size a small bit making it 6.5" wide vs the 5" wide G6. I added mesh pocket...

June 14, 5:03pm

Testing gear by dragging.
From my 28 years as an US Army Infantryman, the magazine dragging test was a wimpy way of trying to duplicate a US Army Airborne trooper floating to earth with his gear hanging below him. The gear...

In Editor's Roundtable » Boy Scouts and Lightweight Backpacking
June 13, 8:07am

Hyper-Light Poly Tube Air Mattress + DAM version
Hi Mark, That is one of my projects and was a very popular thread. I use the my trail name of gardenville at some forums. Using the Poly Tube Material for an Air Mattress was one of my better id...

In Editor's Roundtable » SuperUltraLight: For the Masses?
June 10, 2:05pm

External Frame for my G6
I want to thank David for sending me the pictures of the old Stephenson external frame. I have made 2 versions of an external frame with the Stephenson like "wing-things" The first...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultra-Light External Frame Pack
June 08, 4:46pm

Pictures of the G6
Here are a few pictures of my G6.

In Gear Lists » Extreme Light Gear List... Try to make even lighter!
June 04, 4:49pm

G6 Under-Bottom Reinforcement - Not
I have a new G6, got it last week. The pack has a heavier Black ripstop material that runs down part of the ("back" shoulder strap back) of the pack but stops just short of the bottom of the curve...

In Gear Lists » Extreme Light Gear List... Try to make even lighter!
June 03, 8:43pm

If it will simmer you can bake like this.
If your stove will simmer for 18 to 20 minutes you can bake in a dry cook pot like this. The small pan you see in the pictures was part of four connected together that I bought at a local restauran...

In Make Your Own Gear » BPL MYOG Project: Open Jet Alcohol Stove
June 02, 10:33am

Super Ultra Light - Make Your Own for an AT Thru-Hike
Hi Paul and Tony, I have a Tilley LT6. I am looking at it for all the little details like you have mentioned. The brim on the LT6 is 3.5" front and back and 2.5" on the side. I might even add t...

May 27, 7:29am

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am