Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 1761 - 1768 of 1768 | Page: 1 ...158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177

Forum » Thread

SuperUltraLight Pack, Part "Deaux"
Deet will not get rid of the MYOG bug. :-) I had the idea for these hip belt pockets floating around in my mind all through the Thanksgiving,Christmas and New Year holidays. They were complet...

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear: Five Yards to SuperUltraLight Part 4 - Pack
January 02, 11:44am

Re: "Gear List for Review"
If there is anyone in your home familiar with a sewing machine you can sew your own SUL pack. My version weighs 9.7 ounces and holds all the gear that I had in a 2 pound 7 ounce pack by a well kno...

In Gear Lists » Gear List for Review
December 27, 4:03pm

Re: enjoy getting out with my son.
Welcome to the community Matt! I read your bio in your profile. I spent many hours outdoors with my father hunting and fishing. I relish every memory of those moments now that he is gone. ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lighten Your Heaviest Gear: You!
December 27, 3:04pm

"Lighten Your Heaviest Gear: You!" & Something I learned on the AT
Jeremy this was a great and very insightful article. Likening my body weight that I carry with me everywhere to the weight of the gear in my pack and how I judge what should go in it or get left b...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lighten Your Heaviest Gear: You!
December 18, 4:27pm

re: re: pack mods and small pockets
Thanks for the kind words Lucas and JJ. I put together the sternum strap tonight as visions of hipbelt pockets danced around in my head. A hipbelt pocket would allow quick convenient access t...

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear: Five Yards to SuperUltraLight Part 4 - Pack
December 11, 1:07am

"Make Your Own Gear: Five Yards to SuperUltraLight Part 4 - Pack" My second attempt
Once is not enough! Leave it to me to clutter up a "minimalist" design. I added webbing to the front of the shoulder straps. I modified the design to incresase strength and add some fu...

December 07, 9:53pm

2 years and 2 hikes and I was converted to Lightweight Hiking
Hike number one was a section of the AT begining at Hot Springs, NC with a total "wet" pack weight of approximately 34 pounds. My empty pack weighed in at 4 lbs 13 ozs! So much for the ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Economies of Scale: Budgeting for Your Pack & Wallet
December 02, 10:07pm

Make Your Own Gear: Five Yards to SuperUltraLight Part 4 - Pack"
Great article and pictures Jay. My first attempt at this pack garnered some oohs and ahs from my wife and son. I was rather well pleased with it myself especially due to the much lower cost co...

November 22, 4:03pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm