BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1751 - 1760 of 1839 | Page: 1 ...165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184

Forum » Thread

Re: Ray Way
I also am a tarpent fan .... but some folks prefer a flat tarp's flexibility to use a less enclosed pitch for nights you think will have fair weather. Henry has the MYOG tarptent instructions he...

In Make Your Own Gear » confusion with Ray Way
January 03, 2:08pm

Re: Re: MYOG inflatable pillow
Now, if we can just source those valves ...

In Make Your Own Gear » homemade inflatable pillow
January 03, 8:04am

heat sealable fabric
Seattle Fabrics sells heat sealable fabric: http://www.seattlefabrics.com/nylons.html#heat%20sealable%20taffeta

In Make Your Own Gear » Materials Sourcing
January 02, 4:52pm

MYOG inflatable pillow
You can purchase heat sealable fabric ... might provide for larger pieces at less cost than cannibalizing dry bags. I'll post info in the materials sourcing thread.

In Make Your Own Gear » homemade inflatable pillow
January 02, 4:48pm

Re: Official Wish List
Ten more days on trail than in 2005

In GEAR » Official Wish List
December 26, 9:16am

Photon Micro on sale
REI has the Photon Micro Light II LED (the key-ring version of the Photon Freedom) on sale

In Make Your Own Gear » Making the Photon light easier to find
December 26, 9:04am

Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on stove
all you need to convince them is that freeze dried food tastes good. I wouldn't bother trying to convince anyone that freeze dried meals taste even OK! Not when there are so many tasty and more...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1.5oz wood stove
December 19, 2:39pm

Re: Say What?
Alan, I was addressing your line of reasoning that a "60 day unsupported thru-hike" meant starting the hike carrying 100% of the hike's needs (except water, air and light). On the broader top...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What did it cost?
December 17, 10:12am

Re: 180 lb. Backpack
Alan, Sounds like you are confusing "unsupported" with "without resupply". "Supported" most often means having a crew that meets you along the trail with supplies, eliminating time/effort/det...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What did it cost?
December 17, 4:56am

Re: $7.00 digital scales on Sale
Don't know how well it works but standard shipping to my zip is $5.50. $12.50 is still a PDG price.

In Gear Deals » $7.00 digital scales on Sale
December 16, 8:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am