Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1751 - 1760 of 2126 | Page: 1 ...167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ...213

Forum » Thread

Re Re Re BSA Discrimination Policy
"G@y," at least in America, is not simply used to refer to man to man orientation but also as a slang that probably wouldn't be viewed as complimentary by certain people. So maybe ce...

In Chaff » BSA discrimination policy :(
October 10, 3:49pm

Ion
James I have a "puke" green Ion size medium. It needs a bit of work but I could fix it up. What happened was I took the straps and hipbelt off for a MYOG project that never happened. I...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Golite ION
October 10, 7:24am

Hipbelt
Are you putting a hipbelt on? If so measure your torso carefully and if in doubt add a bit because it will compress a bit under a load. I made one pack with a thin webbing hipbelt. The belt was...

In Make Your Own Gear » design questions for a new pack
October 08, 10:17pm

Frameless Packs
Kier, when I was writing about packs for kids I did tried to look into how much kids could safely carry in various kids of packs. I couldn't find enough info for definate conclusions but here ...

In GEAR » Kid's packs?
October 06, 3:03pm

Waterproof problems
I really am not a fan of lightweight waterproof shoes. I've heard questions about the waterproofing lasting but haven't had problems. What I don't like it a low top shoe that lets w...

In GEAR » (Waterproof) Lightwieght/minimal shoes?
October 06, 8:00am

Jacket at Goodwill
My dad gave me a Gerry jacket he picket up at Goodwill for next to nothing. I didn't know it was considered a "namebrand" company back in the day. I wonder how old it is? The tag s...

In GEAR » Gerry down jacket
October 06, 7:14am

Re Discrimination Merit Badge
Dave by "principaled" I meant it at least makes sense. If a Christian or Muslim dissapproves of homosexuality they may be politically incorrect but at least they can point to a logical r...

October 03, 8:16am

Re Ask a kid
Rod Well my understanding is the main opposition to the practice is from verious religous groups that have teachings against it. You may not agree with it but thats a more principled reason to op...

October 03, 6:35am

Snythetic vs. Down
Either will work. I know plenty of people have thru-hiked the PCT with down bags for example. I personally like snythetic quilts. I carry about a half pound more but I can go to bed damp and not...

In GEAR » synthetic vs down
October 02, 1:41pm

Private group?
I think there was a court case or a lawsuit over this issue. I think it basically boiled down to the fact that the scouts are a non-public institution so they can exclude people if they want to an...

October 01, 11:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.