Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1741 - 1750 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180

Forum » Thread

Fosters Can/Pot Cozy
This Thread has 'timed-out".

In Make Your Own Gear » Snow Peak Cozy - Clone
July 01, 7:04pm

Ultra-Light External Frame Pack
Some place I think I wrote that I had not made the hip belt yet. The hip belt connects to the inside part of the Wing-Things. Here are a few pictures of both the old Stephenson and the old Janspo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultra-Light External Frame Pack
July 01, 11:08am

Modified SP 700 Ti Cup-Lid

July 01, 9:32am

Snow Peak Cozy - Clone

June 30, 4:17pm

Where is the most efficient place to carry my water?
I want to thank Ryan, Paul, and Glenn for your impute. As far as I am concerned everything is on the table for this question. I remain open to other ideas or comments. For most of my hiking li...

In Editor's Roundtable » SuperUltraLight: For the Masses?
June 29, 7:42pm

Alan's "Fosters" Pot
The advantage of this beer can is it can hold up to 24/25oz. of water. That means I should be able to boil 18/20oz of water at one time if I need that much. The soda cans only hold 12oz. so you ...

In Gear Lists » Extreme Light Gear List... Try to make even lighter!
June 27, 7:14pm

Alan Shaver's "Fosters" Pot
I don't know where or how Alan made his "Fosters Pot" but if you look at this link it shows how sort of. Watch for 3 more links in the part showing the Beer Can Pots that will just say [Can-Pot ...

June 27, 5:23pm

Great Kilt to Down Quilt - Poncho Sleep System
Yes, I have left over from my years in the Army 3 Poncho Liners. I even have one that I had a zipper sewn into to make a sleeping bag of sorts out of it. I just weighed the one without the zipper...

June 27, 3:42pm

Define "Consumables" for SUL
I agree this question will work itself out. It all has to be carried. I am working on the details to make a Tarp/Poncho out of the .40oz Cuben material when I get my next order from them. Sinc...

June 27, 1:59pm

AT Hat
Jacob: Thanks for the link. I have looked at that site before but never really looked at their "Shady Halo" hat. The hat does have some interesting design ideas. I had thought about the idea of...

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Light Weight - Make Your Own for an AT Thru-Hike
June 27, 1:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am