BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1741 - 1750 of 2106 | Page: 1 ...166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ...211

Forum » Thread

Awesome
Eugene I think thats your best write up ever. Very enjoyable to read. The only problem is you let all the moms of the world in on the "Dads and Big Brothers Secret to Backpacking Bliss"...

In Post-Trip Reports » Overnight with the kiddos in the White Mountain Wilderness.
October 01, 11:25pm

Re Re Re Spray vs. Guns
Mike I agree with you. You might know more than me but my undertanding is fine motor skills go out the window under stress. This basically means that if you shoot well under stress you're rel...

In GEAR » Bear spray worked
September 30, 9:33am

Spray vs. Guns
The only scientific study I've seen on this issue is titled "The Efficacy of Bear Deterant Spray in Alaska." You can google it. The numbers seem pretty solid as far as I can tell. ...

In GEAR » Bear spray worked
September 29, 6:52pm

Renting bags
I'll look at the rentals. For what its worth the 0 degree bag is a down marmot, I forget the exact name. Its supposed to be conservatively rated. I think Daniel took it down to -5 once but I...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Black Diamond Beta Mid in High Wind/Snow
September 28, 10:12am

Re Re Wind
Dougles and Walter Thanks for the tips guys. I'm more interested in how the tent could handle moderate wind (for up there anyway), I know better than to try and weather a really bad storm up ...

September 28, 9:09am

Wind
Thanks Bob, the Whites are infamous for their wind (on Mt. Washington a guest was recorded at something like 230 mph). Would you consider it pretty stable from the side? Basically our dilima is th...

September 27, 10:55pm

Black Diamond Beta Mid in High Wind/Snow
So my brother is into mountaineering and wants to take me along on a Presidential traverse this winter. We had thought about sleeping in bivy sacks but with the long nights that didn't sound a...

September 27, 10:23pm

Water
I don't know any special spots in N. GA but I'd look for a spot with water, easy entertainment. Sounds like fun, enjoy it.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Backpacking with 5 Year Old in Georgia
September 26, 8:08pm

Snow Mtn. Scenery
Heres a trip report I did on Snow Mountain. Some of the other areas might actually be better but you never know. Heres the report if you want to see what it looked like with a lot of spring snow....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best place to backpack near(ish) wine country?
September 26, 6:37pm

Gila?
Its a bit farther than Zion but I loved the Gila Wilderness Area. If you want to go there are plenty of trip reports around here to give you ideas.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mid-October Trip suggestions
September 26, 11:21am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.