Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1731 - 1740 of 1879 | Page: 1 ...165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ...188

Forum » Thread

Re: Pack test
I didn't like things in stuff sacks inside the pack. The sacks made the objects assume sometimes incomatible shapes. So the hammock and tarp I just stuffed into the pack. There's a dilema there....

In Make Your Own Gear » G4 pack questions
September 18, 2:32am

Re: Re: trying to boil 3 cups of water
Also, do the instructions with the stove (or on the website) give any indication of maximum batch size? Glenn might have a good point here. Some of Tinny's stoves tend to be finely tuned for fa...

In Philosophy & Technique » trying to boil 3 cups of water
September 12, 11:55am

Re: trying to boil 3 cups of water
consider trying 2 batches of 1.5 cups each

In Philosophy & Technique » trying to boil 3 cups of water
September 11, 8:43pm

Re: re Orikaso bowls
And I have found that a lot of food hides in the folds and only shows back up when one goes to wash it after unfolding. That is true but it's been just the solids and it's been a simple matter t...

In GEAR » cheap light bowl
September 05, 4:53pm

Re: Titanium Snips
Thru-hiker's forum had a question/answer on that topic recently

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Snips
August 28, 12:10pm

Re: Gear List for 6 day Sierras Trip
9 lbs food for 6 days may or may not be cutting it close? what's your calorie budget, distance traveled and total ft of uphill?

In Gear Lists » Gear List for 6 day Sierras Trip
August 09, 10:49am

Re: NEW - Patagonia Merino Underwear
Bill, Are you sure about those wts? 145g is approx 5oz .... per sq inch?

In GEAR » NEW - Patagonia Merino Underwear
August 09, 10:45am

Re: Granby, CO?
Well ... they are on the other side of the divide from Granby but Golite is based in Boulder and they just might know a few CO based ultralighters

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Granby, CO?
August 08, 8:52am

Re: G4 pack questions
Marius has it right regarding the loops. I did not buy Quest's instructions ... used the ones at gossamergear.com. If they are the same, you might consider switching the order of steps 5.1 a...

In Make Your Own Gear » G4 pack questions
July 29, 6:56am

Re: Pressurized Alcohol Stove with simmer capability
Tinny's NION is a low output pressurized alcohol stove.

In GEAR » Pressurized Alcohol Stove with simmer capability
July 27, 3:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am