BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1731 - 1740 of 2075 | Page: 1 ...165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ...208

Forum » Thread

Trail Gloves
I took the Trail Gloves on a training hike with about 20 pounds. They worked well overall. The only time I think I paid more attention than normal to the ground was when I was going over really r...

In GEAR » Minimalist Shoe Question
July 09, 5:10pm

Current Thoughts on Shoes
Okay so I got two shoes in the mail, the Golite Amps and the La Sportiva X-Country. Here are my initial impressions. La Sportiva - I love this shoe in many ways. I like the grippy rubber and ...

July 09, 3:19pm

Box Canyon
You're right Dondo, I talked to one hiker who said you could get through there but he said the trail was hard to find (especially coming from the north) and that it was a Class III scramble wit...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek: Box Canyon
July 09, 7:07am

Great Report
Great report as always Dondo. I am hoping to get up to Colorado in late August. One of my goals is to explore that canyon. Its beginning to sound like the Burmuda Triangle. I had to turn around...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek: Box Canyon
July 08, 10:02pm

What I left out
Thanks for the kind words ya'll. Jake I agree it good to not to over do a fun thing. This isn't normally a problem because I don't live with my little brother so taking him out is som...

In Editor's Roundtable » Enjoying Backpacking with Kids: Part 1
July 06, 6:26pm

Cool
Well that looks cool. I spent $30 and a long weekend making a similar pack for my younger brother, for $65 that Hop pack is a steal. It makes upgrading to a new pack as kids grow less painful. I...

In Gear Deals » Little Light Gear : Hiking Packs for Kids
July 06, 9:46am

Cool
I somehow missed the first article so I went back and reread it. Wow Eric you are one cool dad. I appreciate how you want to pour into both your daughters. Having spent most of my adult life dea...

In Editor's Roundtable » We're Going to Disneyland!
July 06, 7:00am

Wow
Wow guys thanks for all the input, I really appreciate each an every idea. I'm still researching so keep the good ideas coming. I did order a pair of Golite Amps and La Sportiva X-countries. ...

July 06, 6:54am

Wow
Wow Eric sounds like Sunshine is a real trooper. Its fun when I kids gets into backpacking with you ain't it. Congradulations and good luck, I hope you two have a great rest of the summer. L...

In Editor's Roundtable » We're Going to Disneyland!
July 05, 8:08pm

Alternate routes
Funny you should mention the Lost Creek route Paul, I'd been thinking about it a bit. Actually my current plan is to do a few nights in the Lost Creek area before I start the trail. That woul...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Colorado Trail or Similar Possibly Unsupported
July 04, 10:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.