BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1731 - 1740 of 2000 | Page: 1 ...165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ...200

Forum » Thread

Gila Wilderness in the Fall
Here is a report for my trip to the Gila Wilderness Area. Thanks Eugene for the help planning this. I was drawn to the Gila because it was remote and scenic and it wasn't likely to be sno...

In Post-Trip Reports » Gila Wilderness in the Fall
November 08, 5:05pm

Sigh
Maybe next time Joe (hopefully this won't be my only trip). I'll try and threw up a trip report when I get back.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Gila Wilderness in October or November
October 30, 11:43pm

On the way! Anyone care to join me?
Well this week didn't work out for my Gila trip so I'm heading up Sunday. I should be on the trail the 1-3 of next week and may a half day on the 4th. I'm planning the West Fork of th...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Gila Wilderness in October or November
October 29, 8:28pm

Thoughts on shoes
I like your creations! I've been thinking about this myself for a while. What I would like to do is create a leather/synthetic "upper" thats sort of like a moccison. Than I'd g...

In Make Your Own Gear » Shoes
October 28, 8:46pm

Pit zips?
Very impressive. I'm cursious if anyone out there has experience with a non-breathable jacket with pit zips? How would it compare to a breathable jacket without pit zips for examlpe?

In Make Your Own Gear » World's Lightest Rainjacket/VBL
October 19, 10:47pm

Re Re Gila Wilderness in October or November
Thanks a lot for all the info Eugene. Actually it was that trip report of yours that got me interested in the Gila in the first place. I assumed the river crossings wouldn't be too big a prob...

October 03, 10:39pm

Gila Wilderness in October or November
It looks like I'll be able to get four or five days off the last week of October and/or the first week or two of November. I was considering the Gila Wilderness area. If anyone is interested i...

October 03, 4:43pm

Impressive
Dave that looks awesome. I've made my share of packs and my first try wasn't nearly that impressive. I like the contoured shoulder straps and neat construction. Lets check back in a coup...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Prettylight pack: Success
September 26, 10:51pm

Good Idea
Kane, I like your idea. When you think about it thats basically what you do with a pocket knife when you're carving wood. Same idea basically. Another idea. I noticed that the newer fires...

In Philosophy & Technique » Using a firesteel
September 11, 4:00pm

Wimenuche Trip
This past summer I broke my wrist and was out of commission for the most part. But my brother Daniel was going climbing in Colorado so I couldn't resist. I met him there and we decided to head...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wimenuce Trip
September 09, 4:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.