BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1731 - 1740 of 2058 | Page: 1 ...165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ...206

Forum » Thread

My 2 cents
I first tried trekking poles in Alaska after an partially healed knee injury was bothering me. Since than I've used them on most trips. One thought I have is that I'm experimenting ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Poles are a burden?
June 18, 1:48pm

Re
Thanks for the encouragement guys. If anybody is trying a project feel free to PM me, I love talking about packs. When I deal with the sleeping pad as a virtual frame I forgot to mention that too...

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: Backpack Design
June 14, 12:18pm

Cool sale who got the quilt?
Well that was a cool sale, I bet Sam's got a headach. I won't say anything about the whole debate because I totally missed it and I'm not going through all that, I have much better thi...

In Gear Swap » Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale
June 10, 10:53pm

Weather? Bugs?
Thanks for the info guys. I'd be coming from Texas so the CT is looking better just factoring in travel costs and other logistics no arguing that theres plenty of good stuff in the Sierras. ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Colorado Trail or Similar Possibly Unsupported
June 04, 6:04pm

Great
Thanks Paul, thats a great resource.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Colorado Trail or Similar Possibly Unsupported
May 27, 7:43am

Colorado Trail or Similar Possibly Unsupported
So I might have some time off between jobs in mid August to September. I'm wanting to do a longer trail about 300-500 miles. Right now I'm looking pretty seriously at the Colorado Trai be...

May 26, 10:51pm

Totally different question-more than meets the eye
I'll through in my own thoughts but first let me say I'm NOT into conspiracy theories. Having said that the intelligence business involves a lot of secrets so its not unreasonable to assum...

In Chaff » Bin laden dead
May 03, 11:55am

My thoughts
I don't know much about either of these two specifically but I have used a couple of minimalist rain jackets that sacrifice some breathablity and features for light weight. I'm not going t...

In GEAR » Lightweight Rain Jacket
April 08, 2:38pm

The Killer Amphibian
The campfire had almost burned out and I could barely make out the 2 counselors and 8 little boys gathered around for “pow-wow” the evening meeting before bedtime. We had been camping for ...

In Gear Deals » Contest & Sponsored Giveaway!
April 08, 12:08pm

Therapuetic Ultralight Backpacking
This is an abridged version of a story about backpacking with troubled boys at Cameron Boy's Camp, a year around wilderness therapy program for troubled boys in North Carolina. Unfortunately I...

In Gear Deals » Contest & Sponsored Giveaway!
April 08, 11:35am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.