BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1721 - 1730 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180

Forum » Thread

13oz Gear List??
I would suggest that you finish both your pack and tarp as you may find that they end up a little heavier than you have planned for. I just finished a Poncho/Tarp out of the Cuben material (48...

In Gear Lists » 13 oz Gear List
July 11, 6:42pm

The Lightest Cookpot-Sterno Can
If you can get by with 8 or 9 ounces of hot water at one time check out my Sterno Can Cook Pot, My first one weighs 0.38oz. The black line is the 8oz fill line. If you go with a Fosters Beer Can...

In GEAR » The Lightest Cookpot
July 11, 3:09pm

Pack for a Back Problem
Hi Tom, I am not sure if you are interested in a pack bag or an external frame w/pack bag. I have no background in medicine so I am not familiar with your back problem. The frames like I make ar...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultra-Light External Frame Pack
July 10, 8:27pm

Cuben Snow Defined
I am not sure what Panama Red is but I guess I should have posted these pictures of "Cuben Snow" that I took a few days ago. They are taken with a black background for the best contrast. The pict...

In Gear Lists » Bill's SUL Gear List
July 10, 11:59am

Cuben Snow Defined
Let me start with Alan's comments: ------------------------------0----------------------------- 1. Only rarely manufactured, sporadically distributed and quickly and quietly snatched up by cogno...

July 09, 2:43pm

Bill's SUL Gear List
Thanks, I wondered how I got below 1 pound so easy. That should be 9oz though for summer it may be less. I changed the main list. On a lighter side I am using a type of Down called Cuben Snow...

July 08, 7:53pm

SUL Sterno Can Cook Pot- 0.38oz
I started out with a 200g can of Sterno. Some cans say 198g but the cans seem to be the same size. The can is about 2" tall and almost 3.25" wide. I have placed a black mark inside the SUL Sterno...

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Light Weight - Make Your Own for an AT Thru-Hike
July 08, 6:31pm

Bill's SUL Gear List
Making a few of the items myself I have been able to reduce the weight of the "overnight hike weight" to something real close to the one pound mark. For an overnight hike I would carry 3 Ebsit tab...

July 08, 5:54pm

Extreme Light Gear List, lighter by almost 1.5oz's
Paul: Thanks. I just keep thinking how much water do I need for a meal. The gear list started out as something for a SUL "overnighter" For that these water bags should be fine. They might ...

In Gear Lists » Extreme Light Gear List... Try to make even lighter!
July 06, 6:23pm

Extreme Light Gear List, lighter by almost 1.5oz's
I have been triming things and checking weight before and after. On my scale I weigh the Platpus 1L that I have as 0.93oz for one or 1.86 for 2. The current list has 1.6oz for 2 Platypus 1L bottl...

In Gear Lists » Extreme Light Gear List... Try to make even lighter!
July 06, 5:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am