BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 1721 - 1730 of 1750 | Page: 1 ...156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: "silnylon reinforcement"
David, http://www.tarptent.com/projects/tarpdesign.html#anchor492320 Above is the website where I found the text below by the eleventh "bullet". ...main roof seam. Scrap nylon ...

In Make Your Own Gear » silnylon reinforcement
January 13, 11:28am

Re: "If you were seperated from your pack..."
Browse the bookshelves and pick up a copy of "98.6 Degrees or The Art of Keeping Your @&$ Alive". The author is Cody Lundin. He teaches wilderness survival. In his book Cody de...

In Philosophy & Technique » If you were seperated from your pack...
January 12, 4:00pm

Re: "silnylon reinforcement"
Mike, I'm not sure which website it was on but I read some hints on sewing tie out reinforcements. The "hint" was to NOT use more of the same silnylon. The suggestion was to use ...

In Make Your Own Gear » silnylon reinforcement
January 12, 10:33am

Re: "first aid kit input needed"
Darwin, >It will be just me on the trail. There is safety in numbers! 7 to 14 days is a long time to wait for someone to come looking for you if you need help. Roy, >I would high...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » first aid kit input needed
January 11, 9:53pm

Re: "Solo shelter options" Try a Hennessy
Kieth, Glad to hear another "hanger" chime in. I'm not sure how sturdy Aaron's seat post will be as a hammock support. :-) My Expedition Asym weighs 2 pounds 12 ounces. ...

In GEAR » Solo shelter options
January 11, 9:24pm

Re: "Running shoes bad for the joints?"
Joseph, By trail runners do you mean the shoes or the people running on the trails? Below is part of the article from the link you provided. "Most troubling is the finding that runnin...

In GEAR » Running shoes bad for the joints?
January 11, 7:40pm

Re: "Any one know whats become of fanatic fringe?"
This site has been suspended If you manage this site and have a question about why the site is not available, please contact us directly. I found this message on Bing under the heading IPOWER. :...

In GEAR » Any one know whats become of fanatic fringe?
January 11, 1:20pm

Re: "beer can pot"
Mike, You can check out the designs and features of beer can cooking pots by going to the address below. http://minibulldesign.com Tinny can sell you what you like and his on line videos ...

In Philosophy & Technique » giving myself an UL life
January 11, 12:42pm

Re: "if you can sleep under a tarp on the ground you can sleep under a tarp above the ground"
Te-Wa, Amen brother! Under a tarp and above the ground. The only place that I was ever comfortable on a CCF pad was in my hammock. Get off the ground and inbetween the trees! Party On !...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Single best piece of advice ever given? What's yours?
January 09, 7:37pm

Re: Adding to "Ugly Mugs"
Newton on the wooden bridge near the Big Creek Landing trailhead of The Black Creek Trail in MS. John (Newton) & Cheryl at an overlook on Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ugly Mugs
January 09, 6:06pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm