BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1711 - 1720 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180

Forum » Thread

Gear Spreadsheet
Hi Paul, I would be happy to comply if you could make it so it would work on my Mac without Excel. My new laptop has the current version of something called AppleWorks that has a SpreadSheet bu...

In GEAR » Excel Gear Spreadsheet
July 27, 3:31pm

bike shorts for hiking
You can buy silk weight capaline by the yard if you wanted something that might be a little warmer. Sold by Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics. http://www.owfinc.com/Fabrics/NylonWoven/Misc.Woven.asp#W...

In GEAR » bike shorts for hiking
July 27, 12:19pm

The Great Kilt - For Hiking??
I did make a Great Kilt like this web site shows: url=(0057)http://www.meridies.org/as/dmir/Costume&Fashion/0924.html http://www.rampantpress.netfirms.com/AModernApproachtoMakingaGreatKilt.h...

In GEAR » skirt vs. pants
July 20, 6:07am

Cuben Amigo H2O Water Filter
Thanks Paul. I decided to use a piece of my "Yellow" AirCore Pro Ultralight Dyneema "shelter guyline from BMW for the water bag cord. The yellow stuff is 3/4" grosgrain folded in half and pres...

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Light Weight - Make Your Own for an AT Thru-Hike
July 16, 4:20am

Cuben Amigo H2O Water Filter
I had a small piece of the Cuben fabric left over and decided to replace the Bag from my ULA H2O Amigo water filter. The ULA bag with the fittings removed weighed 1.96oz. The Cuben replacement ba...

July 15, 9:14pm

Sterno Can Cook Pot
I scooped out the sterno and then let what was left burn away. Then I sanded the inside - bottom and sides. Then I cleaned it with comet and dish soap using a scrub pad. Boiled water has no tas...

In Gear Lists » Extreme Light Gear List... Try to make even lighter!
July 13, 10:29am

Fabric Weight
I have long understood what a sail makers yard is. I had a small sailboat for many years and even made a few of my own sails. They weren't great but worked and I really surprised some friends tha...

In Gear Lists » 13 oz Gear List
July 12, 5:33pm

Super Ultra Light - Make Your Own for an AT Thru-Hike
Thanks, The cat is one of a few I take care of. I have 4 kittens that I took away from a stary female at 4 weeks old. They are now about 9 weeks old and ready for me to give away. They are so m...

July 12, 4:12pm

SUL Poncho-2.81oz/Tarp-4.99oz
I have finished my first SUL Cuben Poncho/Tarp. It is 48" wide (that is how wide the Cuben fabric is) and 90" long. If I made another one I could keep the weight under 2oz if it was a Poncho only...

July 12, 1:30pm

Ultra Light Backpack
I would agree that the backpack might be even less than what you think. The Pack I made used a .35oz version of the Cuben material. The pack without the mesh pockets weighed in under 1oz. This w...

In Gear Lists » 13 oz Gear List
July 11, 10:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am