Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1711 - 1720 of 2122 | Page: 1 ...163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ...213

Forum » Thread

Looks Great
Looks great, I'd use that pack. I'm a big fan of trying ideas out with cheaper material. None of my packs have been exactly the way I've wanted them but I've always learned. Afte...

In Make Your Own Gear » My first pack!
October 18, 8:23pm

Modifying an REI Polarguard Jacket Question for the Experts
Okay here's an idea for all you clothing making experts out there. I have an REI Polarguard Jacket. I think its the Spruce or somethign like that. Its the one with zip off sleaves. It weigh...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modifying an REI Polarguard Jacket Question for the Experts
October 18, 8:18pm

More stuff
I have a like new Official Colorado Trail Guide. I could throw it in with any other item for $12 to save on shipping. Otherwise I'm not sure I want to bother shipping it by itself.

In Gear Swap » F.S. Shoes, Tarp, Pack
October 18, 7:45am

Oprey vs. Jam
REI also has Osprey exos so that would be something to try. I like the Jam better but depending on what kind of sleeping matt you use the Osprey might win out. The State of the Market Report on...

In GEAR » I could use some advice on packs.
October 18, 7:20am

Durability
I would say that the Dyneema X gridstop used on the Burn (and Golite packs) is way more durable than the 1.3 nylon. Mine have held up very well. I think a burn would last a lot longer and could b...

In GEAR » Which ~8-10 oz packs am I overlooking?
October 17, 9:01pm

Other ideas
I'm not aware of any other 8-10 oz packs currently being made. I think Alter Ego packs temporarily shut down so they aren't an optiion. Its a tad heavier but how about a Mountain Laurel...

In GEAR » Which ~8-10 oz packs am I overlooking?
October 17, 6:22pm

Packs
I'd second the motion for a pack with a frame. It may not be scientific but I feel like my small frameless packs are more comfortable than the bigger ones. There may be reasons like fit that ...

In GEAR » The BIG 4. JMT next summer.
October 16, 8:06pm

Tarp Sold
Tarp has sold.

October 16, 3:11pm

More Pictures of the Pack
Sold

October 16, 2:02pm

F.S. Shoes, Tarp, Pack
bump