BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 1701 - 1710 of 1768 | Page: 1 ...158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MYOG Pillow Cases
Bender, Did the silnylon backside cause the pillow to slide around much? I've been experimenting a bit with "trapping" the pillow in the hood of my mummy style bag. It seems to...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Pillow Cases
February 22, 5:04am

Re: Re: Re: Re: MYOG Pillow Cases
Bender, I just ordered one of your pillows. My plan is to make a cover similar to the type that Tom Holbrook made in the post above. I'll leave a small opening for valve access. The pil...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Pillow Cases
February 21, 10:07pm

Re: Re: SUL Self Tightening Tarp
Vick and Evan, Thank you for the kind words. :-) Vick, Can you post a picture or 2 or 3 Heh! Heh! I kind of understand where you're going with your description. What is confusing to ...

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL Self Tightening Tarp
February 21, 8:25pm

Douglas, Thanks for the link. I thought I had looked almost everywhere. Apparently I had looked "almost" everywhere and not "there". :-) So it seems that mine is just a ...

February 20, 9:29pm

Thanks again George. I scoured the internet for images and articles on tying and tensioning guylines. My goal was to be able to set my stakes and forget about my guylines until morning. It als...

February 20, 6:50pm

SUL Self Tightening Tarp
I made this tarp using some of my own ideas and a combination of features from other tarp designs that appealed to me. I added 12 inches to Jay Ham's original ridgeline length of 78". I ...

February 20, 3:25pm

Re: price?
Michael, >>Experimental because I've never done it before and I used $1.50 per yard Wal-Mart DAC (digital army camo) nylon for the material.<< I spent @ $10.00 at Wal-Mart for...

In GEAR » Pitching My Tarp Experiment :-)
February 07, 11:15pm

Re: Re: Re: "Erwin to Damascus AT section hike help!"
Joseph, BUMP Got that gearlist yet? Party On ! 2010 Newton

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Erwin to Damascus AT section hike help!
February 06, 7:28pm

Re: Re:Pitching My Tarp Experiment :-)
George, Thanks for the kind words and advice. BTW I loved the video of you and the kids hiking in Shenadoah. Cool! Jamie, +1 for your kind words. I promise to practice when there isn&...

February 06, 7:18pm

Pitching My Tarp Experiment :-)
I've been bitten by the MYOG and SUL bugs. Deet will not get rid of them. Relief only comes in the form of sewing another piece of SUL gear. :-) I read Jay Ham's article and have sewn ...

February 06, 4:49pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm