BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1701 - 1710 of 2002 | Page: 1 ...162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ...201

Forum » Thread

WTT BPL quilt
I recently bought a BPL 240 quilt which I dearly love, the only problem is it is just barely long enough for me in size medium. If someone has a size long they'ed like to trade I would be inte...

In Gear Swap » WTT BPL quilt
February 19, 4:53pm

Possibility?
I might be able to make you one. I've been making packs in the 8-10 range (with hipbelt, stirnum straop and one pocket) out of both dyneema gridstop and 2.2 oz nylone. I would guess it would ...

In Gear Swap » WTB - Cheap SUL Pack - MYOG ok
February 06, 11:10am

My two cents
Andy I think you're asking the right questions. Here are my thoughts for what they're worth. 1. Two thoughts on geekiness a. On the one hand I want you to be pretty geeky. Your core ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Skurka Gear Book
February 04, 9:26am

Book
Andy ain't it about time you wrote a book? Actually I want you to write (a least) 2. One for the Great Western Loop and one for the Alaska trip.

In Gear Deals » GoLite pack raffle with pre-order of National Geographic issue
February 02, 5:34pm

Re My kids don't need expensive gear
For a long time my little brothers used the following gear. 1. 2 pound 40 degree sleeping bag from Dick's Sporting Goods, on sale for $40. 2. A variety of backpacks moslty hand me downs (i....

In Gear Swap » Gear for my Young Daughter
February 01, 10:36pm

Ideas
I wish I had a pack to offer but I don't. Here are a couple ideas. Look for size small or extra small adult gear. A lot of times the smaller stuff is the last to sell when its discountinued ...

In Gear Swap » Gear for my Young Daughter
February 01, 9:40pm

Going very light but maybe adding some
Lately I've been carrying basically blister care and pills. I carry pain killers because they saved a trip once when I pulled a muscle. Without the Tyleonal a guy gave me I would have gone ho...

In GEAR » First aid and rescue kits - what to leave behind?
January 31, 10:54pm

Username
The nickname that stuck the longest was "Chief" which was actually a sort of title at a therapy camp I worked at (apparently they'ed had an old west type theme way back). It was &quo...

In Chaff » Forum nicknames
January 30, 7:33am

re. 5-7 days hike in Colorad
One thing I would suggest if you are coming from Ohio is to make sure you have time to aclimitize. Last trip I went up to fast and was pretty miserable. I like the Indian Peaks area a lot but l...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Suggestions for 5-7 day hike in Colorado
January 24, 4:15pm

Where to go
The Crest Trail and the AT make a loop through most of the really good areas. i would also hit the AT between Elk Garden adn Rhododendren Gap or at least the Gap to Mt. Rogers. On the thread foll...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grayson Highlands over Easter
January 05, 1:16am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.