BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 171 - 180 of 3010 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...301

Forum » Thread

Re: Tree Rats
I'm sure tree rats are delicious but rodents are also a major plague carrier in Southern CA and much of the southwestern US. Squirrel is closed year-round in So. CA because of this. I'...

In Other Activities » Any bowhunters here?
December 10, 9:57am

Re: Re: pics
Nice pics Eugene.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
December 10, 9:50am

Any bowhunters here?
Specifically small game and/or upland game birds? I'm transitioning from rifle/shotgun to archery and have some questions.... Thanks.

In Other Activities » Any bowhunters here?
December 09, 5:47pm

LINER, COLD WEATHER, TROUSERS, MEN'S, FIELD, NYLON QUILTED
I love military labeling... I needed a pair of insulated pants for sitting still while hunting, sitting around camp, and sleeping in winter. I was looking to pick up a pair of Montbell Therma...

In Make Your Own Gear » LINER, COLD WEATHER, TROUSERS, MEN'S, FIELD, NYLON QUILTED
December 08, 9:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: sand running
Nope, not me. That thing was definitely a rogue. I would've spoiled my wetsuit. The average was 2-4' overhead, more like this: (again, not my photo, but shot locally last Friday): Pur...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
December 06, 1:02pm

Re: Re: sand running
I learned in J Tree that MT110s are the worst sand running shoe n the world. The sand pour in the outer, getting trapped between it and the inner. I probably lost an hour just to emptying my shoe...

December 06, 11:49am

Mechanical pencils
As if death and taxes aren't enough, the thought of a mechanical pencil breakdown is more than I can bear. It's wood for me.

In GEAR » Which Pencil for the JMT?
December 05, 9:25pm

Re: Re: the non-aggression principle
"The argument that any form of government is inherently violent, because it uses violent physical force against those who disobey a mandate, is a sound argument." I agree with this to ...

In Chaff » the non-aggression principle
December 05, 9:17pm

Re: Re: Nelson Mandela, RIP
"…For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

In Chaff » Nelson Mandela, RIP
December 05, 7:37pm

Re: Vegas
Jacob, its a little too early for me to tell as well. My family was originally going to come with me but it turns out my kids have spring break two weeks before I do. We might pull them out of sc...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
December 05, 7:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm