BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 171 - 180 of 3159 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...316

Forum » Thread

SMC
A 9.5" SMC snow stake is a little over $1.50, weighs 29 grams (at least mine do), and looks like it would do the exact same thing. …though it is cool to have handmade custom stuff.

In Make Your Own Gear » Deca Spades
April 01, 11:12am

Re: Re: What Do You Do with Almost-Empty Fuel Canisters?
Are canisters that much more wasteful than denatured alcohol cans? Granted, you can buy denatured alcohol by the quart, but you also burn it by the ounce… And the cost per boil with Esbit is pr...

In Philosophy & Technique » What Do You Do with Almost-Empty Fuel Canisters?
April 01, 8:38am

Re: 5oz Tyvek Casual Shoes (No, they don't look terrible...)
My New Balance Minimus MT20 V2s are 7.2 ounces each in size 13. They can trail run, work well as approach/cragging shoes, and deal with water and rivers very well. I got my fourth and current pai...

In GEAR » 5oz Tyvek Casual Shoes (No, they don't look terrible...)
March 31, 7:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Never Say Die
Thanks for helping out Mike, sorry you can't get out there. Can I help you with the cancellation fee?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
March 31, 5:40pm

Re: Re: Should I Buy A Hexamid Solo?
What will you be able to do after you have a Hexamid that you can't do now? Spend your money on acquiring skills or adventures. If you know how to travel cheap, $400 could fund a pretty s...

In GEAR » Should I Buy A Hexamid Solo?
March 31, 4:22pm

Re: Never Say Die
Sorry you can't make it Eugene. For anyone following this here, Art got a site at Watchman that'll be cheaper than Mike's group site. Adan and I have permits to do two canyons. W...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
March 29, 9:10pm

Re: Re: We're Failing People
I'm not trying to misrepresent myself as a full-time special education teacher; they have my utmost respect. I'm a high school ceramics teacher, though I considered going in for special ed...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Perils of stealth camping, hiking, or even jogging in the US
March 28, 12:06pm

We're Failing People
That video makes me sick; I regret watching it. For 14 years I've taught a class with moderate to severe students in special education. I've worked with quite a variety of teenagers wit...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Perils of stealth camping, hiking, or even jogging in the US
March 28, 11:17am

Uses for hatchets and saws
From my perspective, it's a neat backcountry toy. I wouldn't mind having one. But I certainly wouldn't put it into an essential category. Not that there's anything wrong with t...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gränsfors-Bruks Mini Hatchet Review
March 27, 5:29pm

Injured reserve list
How are the injuries coming along guys?

March 27, 1:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm