Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

will sawyer (wjsawyer) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Connecticut
About Me will sawyer has not added a biography yet.
CityRiverside
StateConnecticut
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by will sawyer

Showing 171 - 180 of 216 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

emailed
I also emailed you if Lawson doesn't take it.

In Gear Swap » ***DANA ARCFLEX - TERRAPLANE ***
October 12, 11:20am

questions on MLD Newt/packs in general
thanks guys. It was between this and a cuben pack, but the durability seems like its worth the weight. Yes, comfort might be an issue on a long day with 20lbs, but as long as the pack doesn't...

In GEAR » questions on MLD Newt/packs in general
October 06, 11:07am

questions on MLD Newt/packs in general
I've been drooling over an MLD pack for a long time, and with the release of the much lower priced Newt I might be getting one. I have a few questions to those who own any MLD packs. My usage w...

In GEAR » questions on MLD Newt/packs in general
October 05, 5:44pm

frame
also on a MYOG note, with elections coming up there are tons of those corrugated plastic signs lining the streets, and the plastic could be used. The metal frame that holds them up could also be us...

In GEAR » Internal framed packs, favorite frame sheet?
October 03, 6:38am

durability
I'd imagine these things would tear like wet paper if you snagged them on something, this would rarely/never happen while cycling, but there is a reason hiking windshirts are a bit more substan...

In GEAR » Duralite fabric & Castelli nanotechs
October 02, 5:47am

houdini
I agree on the houdini. Mine is only a few months old, but it looks brand new, even after a month long bushwhacking trip in the yukon where it was worn everyday. It has taken a ton of use and a fai...

In GEAR » LT Durability of Patagonia Houdini, TNF Anorak
September 23, 7:15pm

inov-8
Were the flyrocs too small a pair, or just too narrow? I know inov8 runs pretty narrow, but if the shape fits your foot, i would definitely go with them. if you are willing to go lighter, I love my...

In GEAR » Grippy Trail Runners
September 22, 5:17am

Thanks everyone
Thanks for all the responses. Michael, How would you go about taping the curve? I'm assuming the 3M tape that you mention is about 2" wide and would wrinkle or make the plastic wrinkle o...

In Make Your Own Gear » ultracheap - painters tarp tarp and guyline tensione idea!
September 02, 8:25pm

material
the plastic sheets. Yes, they are more fragile than most fabric used for tents, but if you get one of the thicker ones(maybe 2.5 or 3 mm?) and reinforce it properly with duct tape it hold up quite ...

In Make Your Own Gear » ultracheap - painters tarp tarp and guyline tensione idea!
September 02, 4:55am

ultracheap - painters tarp tarp and guyline tensione idea!
Heres the idea. An A-frame tarp (tube tent without the floor) with a back panel. make it a bit longer for better protection. make it out of a painters tarp and duct tape(sticks surprisingly well!)....

September 01, 8:31pm

All Reader Reviews by will sawyer

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Inov-8 Company Review
I love their products, but haven't dealt with the company directly until recently. I sent them an email asking if I could get a discount on a pack and what I would be using it for. I got a respons...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 14, 11:09am

Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots/Simple Slippers
I received my overboots in the mail today, a day earlier than predicted. Previously I had emailed Joel when I heard about these as I wasn't sure they were exactly what I was looking for, and I was...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 07, 3:55pm