BPL Community Profile

David Wills (willspower3) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale David Wills hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me 25 years old. AT 2009, PCT 2011.
StateGA
CountryUSA or S. Korea
My PDF Gear ListPCT 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Wills

Showing 171 - 180 of 479 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...48

Forum » Thread

Re: Arrow Shaft Joinery
you could check out kitebuilder.com they have some joining options for small diameter tubing, mostly made of plastic though, so they would be the weak links in the frame

In Make Your Own Gear » Arrow Shaft Joinery
October 30, 3:39pm

Re: 8.2oz for 72" by 20" by 2.5
wow, im envisioning an 11.5 oz full length DAM. And christmas is just around the corner :) Great job, and congrats on getting the website up Oh yeah, did you order all the white 30D stuff or do...

In Make Your Own Gear » 11.4 oz 78x20x2.5" Sleeping pad :)
October 29, 5:13pm

Re: AT backpacking cold weather layering question
I hiked the trail this year and started Feb 15. I too hike really warm and sweaty compared to others, so I know how you feel. A good WPB jacket with venting options should serve as a wind layer wh...

In GEAR » AT backpacking cold weather layering question
October 29, 1:28pm

Re: Montrail Hardrock '09's
The 09's are a completely different shoe. The tread looks weak, and they are very thin on padding. I went through a pair of 07's and 08's which worked very well for me on the AT this ye...

In GEAR » Montrail Hardrock '09's
October 25, 5:11pm

Re: Ether Thermo 6 vs. Insulated Air Core
I emailed the guys at POE a few years back regarding the warmth of the ether to the BA. they said theirs was warmer due to the baffle construction restricting air movement more effectively than the...

In GEAR » Ether Thermo 6 vs. Insulated Air Core
October 09, 1:26am

Re: Mica and Crystalline
I thru hiked the AT with the Mica this year. Its really breathable when used as a wind jacket, and its waterproof. Any reasonable amount of rain made the jacket wet through, where it stops breathi...

In GEAR » Marmot Mica Vs Essence
October 09, 1:13am

Re: MYOG 15.3 gram Inflatable Pillow Version 0.1
Nice work. Is that 30D heat sealable nylon? Sounds like a winner. I've been toying with the idea of making a DAM out of it, but I can't find a valve. I dont think the thermarest valve kit ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG 15.3 gram Inflatable Pillow Version 0.1
October 08, 1:21am

Insulated Jacket and Vest at Wal-Mart
Wandering around the new wally world last night I came across this years edition of insulated jackets and vest for $20 and $15 respectively. They are both made of light nylon, the jacket is revers...

In Gear Deals » Insulated Jacket and Vest at Wal-Mart
October 03, 4:51am

Re: Frameless without a pad?
I've been using a sitpad made of cheap blue foam as a frame in my ULA Conduit and several MYOG packs. It works well enough for UL loads. The 20x12" piece of pad weighs 2oz. It doubles for...

In GEAR » Frameless without a pad?
August 13, 11:50am

Re: Ray-Way quilts: DWR and insulation
Im going to have to agree with tim 100% on this one. Ray hasn't advanced his elementary designs at all in years, which i find very hard to justify. Of all people, he should recognize weight an...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ray-Way quilts: DWR and insulation
August 10, 4:27pm

All Reader Reviews by David Wills

David Wills has posted no reviews.