BPL Community Profile

Charles Jennings (vigilguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern Utah
About Me Former Mechanical Engineer in the Aerospace Industry. Changed careers to sales and business development.

I own 6 packgoats and really enjoy their companionship and service while on the trail.
CityDeweyville
StateUtah
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Charles Jennings

Showing 171 - 180 of 213 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Caldera Keg
Features that won me over on the Caldera Keg is its light weight, and its effective windscreen that also functions as a pot support. I also like the simplicity of using alcohol...pouring in 15 m...

In GEAR » Caldera Keg users.
March 29, 5:17pm

Caldera Keg
It takes roughly 15 ml of alcohol to boil 16 oz of water. I pour between 15 and 20 ml for safe measure.

In GEAR » Caldera Keg users.
March 29, 8:26am

Re: Winds
My avatar photo is on Washakie Pass in the Winds at 11,600 ft. I good loop is starting out at the Big Sandy TH, up and over Hailey Pass, circle back over Washakie Pass and back to the TH. 7 d...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trip in September
February 25, 11:14am

Re: Trip in September
You may also want to go to the forums at backpacker.com and send a PM to swimswithtrout. He has been going to the Winds since the 1970's. How many days are you planning for?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trip in September
February 25, 7:44am

Re: What about Rab Super Dru Jacket
I own it and like it. I use it for summer. It has abrasion resistant fabric on the elbows and on the shoulders, but uses a lighter denier fabric in the non wear areas. It is cut longer in the ba...

In GEAR » Rab Super Dru Jacket
February 23, 9:56pm

Video clip showing Valandre Shocking Blue construction
http://www.imagesbleusud.com/video%20site/Tempo%20Valandre3.html This clip is part of a batch of video segments that Valandre is putting together for a future website here in the U.S. I THINK...

In GEAR » Video clip showing Valandre Shocking Blue construction
February 23, 9:16am

Valandre' Bloody Mary now in stock
The Bloody Mary's are now available here in the U.S. for those who may be interested. It has a comfort rating of 20 degrees and an extreme rating of 5 degrees. The girth is quite roomy. I...

In GEAR » Valandre' Bloody Mary now in stock
February 21, 3:43pm

Caldera Keg by AGG
I just received my new Caldera Keg today. I decided to buy one based on the recommendations of the BPL staff here. What a cool setup! I boiled two different pots of water from the tap, (I didn&#...

In GEAR » Caldera Keg by AGG
February 05, 11:58pm

Roof piece on Hilleberg Allak
Gosh, Stephen, your buckle questions might be better answered by Petra. Not sure how they compare with the Staika. I know on the Allak, that the roof covering connects on one side with short ho...

In Winter Hiking » Best lightweight winter tent?
January 30, 8:18pm

Valandre'
Since you are not in the U.S. and live overseas, you may also want to consider Valandre bags. I imagine that they are available where you live. They are quite lightweight and use a very high qual...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Winter sleeping bag
January 27, 10:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Charles Jennings

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Caldera F-Keg Titanium Cone
I had the opportunity to go goatpacking with Josh Leavitt of Ti Goat, who hooked me up with a Ti version of the cone that fits with the Fosters can. As I recall, I had complained about how fragile th...

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 22, 4:34pm

Valandre Bloody Mary
I have had the chance to test the Bloody Mary over the last few weeks, so this would be an INITIAL REVIEW, with more to follow. The Bloody Mary, rather than a specialized bag which some of Valandre...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
February 21, 3:26pm

Gossamer Gear
nm

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 21, 3:06pm