Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Larry Dyer (veriest1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Texas
About Me Born 1984; raised in the sticks; grew up hiking, riding bikes, and camping; decided to combine them in 2009.
StateTX
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry Dyer

Showing 171 - 180 of 465 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...47

Forum » Thread

Pads
Consider a foam pad and a torso length inflatable like the Prolite XS (about 9 ounces). For me anyway a Prolite and a Ridgerest is pretty stinking comfortable (I had a small at about 11 ounces). Bu...

In GEAR » newbie looking for advice, current gear, future gear?
January 15, 1:02pm

Thanks for the kind words Eugene. I really enjoy reading your reports so I'm glad to be able to give a little something back. Oh yeah, I forgot to put this one in. To bad it turned out so bl...

In Post-Trip Reports » Big Bend OML Jan. 6-9, 2011
January 15, 12:36am

Stuff
We're already talking about heading back next year! Not sure what we're going to do next time but I'm sure the rim is going to be in there somewhere. Mike: Your input in the other th...

January 14, 8:31pm

Re: Re: tent stakes available
"Any word on the curlies?" Same question. I want a few.

In Gear Deals » Titanium Tent Stakes
January 14, 4:05pm

South Rim
We were planning on heading up to the Rim after the Juniper climb but didn't want to push our water supply and necessitate a trip to the basin for water. I guess we could have day hiked up t...

January 14, 3:57pm

Javelina
We did see one other Javelina dead in the middle of the road when we were almost back to Ft. Stockton. The only large wildlife we saw in the park were deer.

January 14, 3:52pm

Neoair
I see no reason why a Neoair won't work for you. Especially if you use a 1/8" pad UNDER it to protect it from things. I doubt you'll need the foam for warmth.

In GEAR » LW inflatible pad
January 14, 3:26pm

Big Bend OML Jan. 6-9, 2011
We hiked the Outer Mountain Loop in a slightly different fashion on the dates of 1-6-2011 to 1-9-2011. This trip report includes pictures from all 3 of our cameras and I'm sure my companions wi...

January 14, 2:42pm

Re: Re: I hate chaffing!
"Just rub cream all over them when you're done and they'll forgive you." I suppose that's why hitting them in the face with body glide hasn't been working....

In Chaff » Chaff Etiquette
January 13, 12:08am

Re: Re: Beaks on Tarps
You mean something like a micro dog tarp with guy outs sewn around the edges so it can be cinched up into a stuff sack of sorts? That might really work! It wouldn't need 2 layers of material so...

In GEAR » Beaks on Tarps
January 12, 1:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry Dyer

Larry Dyer has posted no reviews.