Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 171 - 180 of 1220 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...122

Forum » Thread

Re: re: Rab ranking
I'm with David on that. They seem like a british version of old Arc'Teryx, ie high quality but understated design and lack of gimmicky features. I love their Aeon Tees, my gf has been drool...

In GEAR » RAB - what's the general consensus?
December 02, 6:13pm

Re: I have a Vintage 1985 6 foot Western Mountaineering NarrowLite 0 degree
50 nights and 30 years...heck I may want that bag! Mandi, don't let the age fool you, this is likely probably the best winter bag you could get for $150 aside from a newer feathered friends or ...

In Gear Swap » WTB - Down Sleeping Bag - 0 Degree
December 01, 9:42pm

Re: Down Compression
@Misfit, this is a myth that I have repeatedly debunked and Nisley himself never claimed. The claim is that compressed down maintains or increases clo/INCH as it compresses. But thickness is also d...

In GEAR » Layering question
December 01, 10:08am

Re: RE: REI Flash Packs
I should add that there are now women's 50 and 65 on the outlet for similar prices, but there's currently a 30% off coupon for the outlet. That's under $60 for them! Only size large but...

In Gear Deals » REI Flash Packs
December 01, 9:49am

Re: Mystery Boots
Old shoes kept in a hot room (near a furnace or water heater) would have a failure like that. I agree that they probably wore tennis shoes out. At least they cut a few pounds from their FSO weight!

In GEAR » Mystery Boots
November 29, 8:40pm

Re: WTB TOPO! Montana
I'm in the same boat, I have AZ, UT, CO and I just want NM for my four corners region....I've jokingly thought of making a repository website for all the states. Is it piracy if the product...

In Gear Swap » WTB TOPO! Montana
November 29, 7:49pm

Re: Flash 45
REI responds to customer feedback, for better or for worse. They recently redesigned the Flash 62/52 models because the prior versions were not well received by the consumer at large. Basically the...

In Gear Deals » REI Flash Packs
November 29, 7:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Ground cover for use with Duomid in winter conditions
Search for Tyvek on amazon. You can buy it by the yard for a few bucks or premade ground sheets for a little more.

In Winter Hiking » Ground cover for use with Duomid in winter conditions
November 29, 7:33pm

Re: Layering question
It depends on the sizing of your thermawrap. If it's sized as a belay piece (ie a little big) you should be ok. The biggest issue is the UL parka has so little down in it to start that it doesn...

In GEAR » Layering question
November 29, 3:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Winter footwear
Yep, they're probably just banking on the "seam sealed" distinction of full waterproof and water resistant garments. In other words ice won't penetrate the unsealed seams of the m...

In GEAR » Winter footwear
November 29, 3:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.