BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 171 - 180 of 1197 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...120

Forum » Thread

Re: welded
I just sent in my deadbird gamma mx this weekend. One of the last made in canada with polartec that I wore to death (city life, not backcountry). The hem was welded onto the polartec fleece backing...

In GEAR » Those darn welded seams...
November 18, 3:28pm

Re: Medium
Thanks Jason, but I'm usually a Small or Medium and very much like the medium cut of Montbell. One day I'll get my mirage!

In Gear Swap » FS: NWT Montbell Mirage Parkas
November 18, 10:10am

Re: Alpini- Adam
Don't trust Brooks. Remember the mojave debacle? They fill weight listed was about twice what could realistically be made in a jacket of the measured weights or warmth perceptions. Brooks never...

In GEAR » Brooks-Range Alpini Fill Weight
November 16, 12:31am

Re: PowerStretch
I like powerstretch of thin softshell gloves for general purpose but I just picked up a pair of cheap and light true liner gloves from STP. Terramar wool gloves, super thin, fit well, ~$12, but I d...

In GEAR » Good base layer gloves?
November 16, 12:23am

Re: CCF on top IME
We have this weird simplistic view that R-Value is additive but rates rarely are, especially when dealing with complex thermodynamics. The simple way of stating it is that CCF more efficient at ...

In GEAR » Pad on top or bottom!
November 15, 11:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 'Mountain Equipment' brand -- and R1 hoody++
I'm just bitter I can't wantonly afford it. It's right up there with the Arc'Teryx Fortrez for cool factor. I tried one on at REI and the way the Fortrez balaclava snaps the hood in...

In GEAR » 'Mountain Equipment' brand -- and R1 hoody++
November 14, 10:25am

Re: Re: Re: 'Mountain Equipment' brand -- and R1 hoody++
It is nice, but jeebus these $150 fleeces are getting ridiculous! Sure you can frequently find them on sale for $80 range but it's still a dang fleece regardless of how fancy the waffling or su...

In GEAR » 'Mountain Equipment' brand -- and R1 hoody++
November 14, 9:50am

Re: Price drop
Why no medium!!!!!

In Gear Swap » FS: NWT Montbell Mirage Parkas
November 14, 12:46am

Re: Re: Re: Question for Roger about editing
Kat, it's just how Caffin does it. As with all forums there are admins and some are good, some are bad, and all have their quirks. Caffin usually is pretty hands off but his style has always be...

In GEAR » "Faux-dini": 2.3 oz. Windshirt, <$15 - Initial Review and Sourcing
November 14, 12:45am

Re: Re: Rain gear?
Watch out for the cougars, and I'm not talking about middle-aged divorcees! With the fleece and the alpine light you should be more than ok as long as you keep your gear dry (having a full t...

In GEAR » Help me choose some gear for Patagonia
November 12, 10:17am

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.