BPL Community Profile

Michael Ray (topshot) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Middle-aged father who got into backpacking late (2009) and wants to encourage his 16 and 7 year old sons to backpack lightweight. Video trip reports of all the adventures so far are on my YT site below.
StateIndiana
My Website URLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/topshotrhit
My PDF Gear ListMaroon Bells - August 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Ray

Showing 171 - 180 of 1035 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...104

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Exclusion policy reversal
Curious why you're an Eagle then, Jerry, if you had an issue with the policy? It's always been this way (maybe not spelled out specifically as it is now since it was a much smaller issue wh...

In Chaff » BSA discrimination policy :(
January 31, 6:18am

Re: Pictured Rock in April
Any update on this? I need to get our spring break trip planned.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pictured Rock in April
January 30, 8:52pm

Train shuttles?
Bueller?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Train shuttles
January 30, 8:50pm

Re: an issue when starting from Yosemite
If you start from Yosemite, then you will need a permit from Yosemite and those are much harder to get.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Hiking Sierra's: newbie confused with the permit system
January 29, 7:59pm

Re: No groundsheet
+however many to no groundsheet. If you're often in volcanic or desert areas where there's lot of sharp stuff the polycryo may help a bit. I use it for my tarp (no floor), but not my tarptent.

In GEAR » Help buying ground sheet
January 29, 6:54pm

Most nights error?
Seems to be an issue with Most Nights as well - only 1 person with 1 night when several have done tens of miles so far this year?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trip logging for 2013
January 29, 6:48pm

Re: Yosemite permits - still confused
You should only have to deal with Yosemite if you want to hike Half Dome while you're passing through. Though it is curious why those dates that far out are full before you can even apply. S...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Hiking Sierra's: newbie confused with the permit system
January 29, 2:41pm

Re: Cost to ship internationaly
Velimir, It varies by country (sometimes by a lot). I just randomly picked Poland and the first class shipping cost is a little over $15 US if done online. Anything else would not be worth it. ...

In Gear Swap » PIF / Dirt Cheap Down Jackets / Vests
January 29, 2:04pm

Re: PIF / JCPenney Down Jackets / Vests at cost + ship
I could do a similar offer as Jared if he runs out of a size you want. I did not happen to notice vests at my store but didn't look real hard either. They had maybe 10 jackets left in 2XL and 3...

In Gear Swap » PIF / Dirt Cheap Down Jackets / Vests
January 29, 12:54pm

Train shuttles
Is there any place other than Durango/Silverton and possibly the Big South Fork in KY that you can use a train to shuttle back to your vehicle?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Train shuttles
January 27, 12:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Ray

Michael Ray has posted no reviews.