Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tim Haynes (timalan) - BPL Guest

My Locale Mid Atlantic
About Me Early 30s, newly married, work in communications with children's hospitals around the country. Relatively new to lightweight philosophies, but excited to learn and teach others.
CityAlexandria
StateVA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListRough Draft gearlist - solo trips

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tim Haynes

Showing 171 - 180 of 306 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...31

Forum » Thread

Anniversary closet cleaning - golite, westcomb, patagonia, westcomb, etc.
Coming up on my one year wedding anniversary, and so to help fund a trip, it seems like a good time to clean some extra gear out of the closet. I can provide actual pictures if needed, but I think ...

In Gear Swap » Anniversary closet cleaning - golite, westcomb, patagonia, westcomb, etc.
September 10, 10:41am

Hilleberg Akto
Mark, My wife will probably shoot me if I bring another tent into the house (well, she doesn't believe in guns, but we might not need to zip our sleeping bags together for a while), but I do h...

In Gear Swap » FS: Grand Moving Back to Europe Clearout
September 09, 8:08pm

Winter AT thru-hike advice and gear wanted.
Thank you all for your help -- both in this thread and via PM. I'm passing this thread along and hoping it provides some much needed help. If a travel blog happens for the trip, I'll post u...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Winter AT thru-hike advice and gear wanted.
September 09, 3:41pm

Montbell alpine light down jacket, $45
really? $45 and no takers. I'm really surprised. It's two sizes two large for me and yet I'm still tempted. If I had a friend this size who needed one I would snap this up in a heartbea...

In Gear Swap » FS: Clothes and a few things
September 09, 9:40am

Is TT DR the only one
Jumping in here, i appreciate the comments and discussion in this thread. On behalf of my wife and I, I've been looking at and researching a LOT of options for the both of us. Our current 2p is...

In GEAR » Is TT DR the only one?
September 08, 2:56pm

Help with Winter Hiking Jacket/Coat
I don't know if you could find one on the Gear Swap here (or on ebay), but the New Balance FUGU I've got is the best down coat I've ever used/seen. Medium is ~13 oz, and I'd conside...

In GEAR » Help with Winter Hiking Jacket/Coat
September 07, 10:38am

Headlamp recommendation?
Richard, With REI, I don't know if you'll find a poorly lit corner, but in my experience, you'll be happier hiking with the beam on the Lucido than with the Petzl's or EOS as refer...

In GEAR » Headlamp recommendation?
September 07, 10:04am

Winter AT thru-hike advice and gear wanted
Completely agree with cautionary posts. I'm going to send him the link to this thread once it hits critical mass, just to provide context, as well as to share all the helpful suggestions. Do...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Winter AT thru-hike advice and gear wanted.
September 07, 9:52am

Nemo tent sale at The Clymb
Meta is definitely heavier than most of the cottage gear, but it's on the lightest end of mainstream gear, and some people feel better buying from a mainstream manufacturer. Most of what I'...

In Gear Deals » Nemo tent sale at The Clymb
September 06, 4:18pm

MLD Exodus full-suspension
Looks awesome, but ~$300 (with belt pockets), is too steep for me. Still, seems like a great pack design with some ideas that will hopefully be incorporated into other packs.

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs Exodus Backpack Review
September 06, 4:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Tim Haynes

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Camp Xenon 4
New for spring/summer 2011, I was really excited about the Camp Xenon 4 poles. They looked like the best value/weight option on the market, so I was really excited to try them out. The 120cm poles spe...

In Trekking Poles
October 18, 10:59am

Stoic LTWT Sleeping Pad - short
I recently picked up a pair of these when they were a good price (~$20/each); I usually use Z-Rests, but my wife prefers an inflatable mat, and these fit the bill for cost/weight/value. shape is nicel...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 06, 1:56pm

Big Agnes Pumphouse Multi-Use Dry Sack and Pad Pump
I agree with previous reviews that this bag only does one thing well -- put air in your sleeping pad. That said, I bring it along on most trips with friends, and it makes it easier for many people -- ...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 09, 10:48am