BPL Community Profile

Rog Tallbloke (tallbloke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
About Me Backpacking since 11 years old. :-)
CityLeeds
StateGods own County
CountryBritain
My Website URLhttp://www.tallbloke.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rog Tallbloke

Showing 171 - 180 of 2540 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...254

Forum » Thread

Pants in flames again
Dan said: I did not mention solar activity or solar cyles per se but mentioned incoming solar radiation. The amount of solar radiation arriving from the Sun at the top of the atmosphere (TOA) i...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
August 18, 2:43am

Pants on fire
Dan said: Satelite data shows that there has not been an increase in incoming solar shortwave and also shows a decrease in outgoing longwave radiation. There is lots of information on this subjec...

August 17, 2:52am

US spending on climate change projects abroad
Jerry said: I don't believe we've spent 127 billion dollars studying global warming So ridiculous not even worth thinking about The link to the report is somewhere in the last 137 page...

August 17, 2:16am

Re: Re: Discovering new CO2 or methane sources
Jerry said: Hopefully we'll spend a bunch of money studying it, including from government. We already did. 127 BILLION DOLLARS since 1980 I think the figure is. What we found out was t...

August 16, 9:08am

Here's one of the (many) reasons why big wind turbines are a bad idea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NAAzBArYdw When you factor in access roads, foundation footings, transmission line c...

August 16, 8:20am

Re: Ultralight camera that does HDR?
The Canon s95 does HDR but doesn't autoalign, so you need to shoot from a stable platform.

In Photography » Ultralight camera that does HDR?
August 16, 6:06am

Hi Jerry, I agree with most of what you're saying here, though with these important caveats. 1) Before large amounts of public money are spent subsidizing the setting up of alternative po...

August 16, 1:04am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Discovering new CO2 or methane sources
Hi Jerry, Good that you've considered the Milankovitch cycles, they do play a role in the coming and going of ice ages. The problem is, no-one knows hows to quantify them in terms of how muc...

August 15, 4:27pm

Hi Jerry, You said: 3) Now, due to the effect that's seen in the ice cores, since the temperature rises, the CO2 rises even more 4) This raises the temperature even more - ad infinitum Th...

August 15, 3:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Discovering new CO2 or methane sources
Hi Jerry, I think you're making a misinterpretation rather than lying. I wouldn't ascribe to malice what can easily be explained as misunderstanding. Lets walk through it slowly and you ...

August 15, 2:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Rog Tallbloke

Rog Tallbloke has posted no reviews.