BPL Community Profile

Gordon Smith (swearingen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Portland, Oregon
About Me http://www.facebook.com/people/Gordon-Smith/100000899587475
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://pixelhorse.smugmug.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List (4-day, summer, mountains, dry weather)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gordon Smith

Showing 171 - 180 of 239 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Hmm
Of my current kit the things I like or enjoy the most are: iPod Shuffle, Nikon D80, GG Murmur pack, Bushbuddy Stove, TT Contrail, Montbell UL Down Inner Jacket, BPL SUL 1100 ti pot, BPL long handl...

In GEAR » You Tell Me...What is the Best Gear Ever???
August 21, 1:14am

GPS
The lightest handheld unit I know of is the Geko. It doesn't display maps though, so to use it for your purposes you need to upload waypoints to it from your computer using NG TOPO! or the Topo...

In GEAR » GPS for occasional users
August 20, 7:25pm

Steak!
Recently I read a post where someone mentioned taking a frozen steak for dinner on the first night of a backpack trip. If wrapped well the steak apparently is just about thawed by dinner time. Soun...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Steak!
August 20, 10:05am

Smartwool
I love my Smartwool base layers. For colder weather I have a heavier top, "midweight" I think, and then a "microweight" top for warmer conditions. For bottoms I only have a micr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Frustrated:: Need options Base layer
August 19, 1:41am

-$
My pack isn't SUL yet but my wallet is.

In GEAR » Backpacking Weight Ranks
August 18, 8:32pm

Starbucks VIA Instant Coffee
I switched to Starbucks VIA Instant Coffee for my backpack trips this year and I haven't looked back. It comes in single serving packets and it's really quite good. Far better than any inst...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backcountry coffee
August 17, 2:48am

I'm no internet guru, but my impression is that two things have to happen before you see your new avatar after you've changed it. One is the image cache at BPL needs to refresh, and the oth...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Changing Avatar
August 17, 2:20am

Re: Sprint Aquatics
+2 Sprint Aquatics Mesh Shoes

In GEAR » Camp shoes - slip-on, substantial, light
August 15, 2:03pm

Defective Bush Buddy Ultra?
My new Bush Buddy Ultra arrived at my doorstep today. It's very nicely crafted as many of you have mentioned except for one thing. The fit of the top portion to the bottom is SUPER loose. Like ...

In GEAR » Defective Bush Buddy Ultra?
August 13, 11:04pm

Buck Mini 350
My favorite knife for backpacking is the Buck Mini 350. It weighs just about an ounce yet it has pliers AND scissors. Tweezers too. It's an ounce of pure usefulness. G

In GEAR » UL pocketknife - what blade do you carry?
August 13, 9:46am

All Reader Reviews by Gordon Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera ULC Cone for Snow Peak 600 mug
The Caldera ULC Cone is the compact version of the original Caldera Cone that Trail Designs has been making for several years. The great benefit of the ULC Cones is that they're designed to fit in...

In Stoves - Alcohol
March 05, 1:32am