BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 171 - 180 of 369 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...37

Forum » Thread

Thanks again!
Thermos of hot water!!! Greg, you are genius!!! Oh man, I'm golden now. Next week here I come! Rain permitting... :( Yeah, I would probably feed her right before, but just want to be prepa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Child Carrier Backpack. How small of a baby?
November 30, 7:29pm

Feeding
Yeah the wife breast feeds when she's home, so she pumps and keeps a stock for me in the fridge. What I normally do is pull it out of the fridge, nuke a cup full of water and put the bottle in ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Child Carrier Backpack. How small of a baby?
November 30, 8:39am

One more question
Just had a thought regarding being out longer than an hour or two. HOW DO I HEAT THE MILK?!?! I don't have a pair of milk bags I can just whip out whenever I want... Any guys out there hike dur...

November 30, 2:07am

THANKS!
OH man, I never considered the front carrier with a backpack. I just figured I wouldn't be able to wear them both, but never tried. I will definitely do this next week! Thanks for all the re...

November 30, 2:06am

Child Carrier Backpack. How small of a baby?
Well, the wife recently popped out our first child 3 months ago, and well, I'm starting to go bat s*** crazy here. So my question for all you parents out there, how young can you put a baby ...

November 29, 4:09am

Re: Another vote for STP
Hi-tec vlite 2 from big 5 for $50. Uses your trekking pole and weighs 2.5lbs. (after you ditch the included pole and carry bag) About as light as some much more expensive cottage brands. Just seam ...

In GEAR » Good Value in 2-Person Tent?
April 07, 9:23pm

Re: Hooded insulation cons/pros?
Personally, I find a hood adds a huge amount of warmth. Also, you can use it in conjunction with a quilt to get that mummy bag feel.

In GEAR » Hooded insulation cons/pros?
April 04, 2:39pm

Re: Ribbed Foster pot
replaced my caldera cone fosters with a 2 cup pot and 1 cup mug from zilph. I like 'm.

In GEAR » Heineken Keg Can Pot
April 04, 12:42pm

Re: Short Beautiful Northern CA Trails?
Look into Mineral King. This was the last trip my wife and I did, and it has probably been my favorite trip so far. Plenty of lakes, and the loop we did was 3days, 2nights. but you could easily do ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Short Beautiful Northern CA Trails?
April 04, 7:34am

Re: fruit leather
On you Toast! And fruit! Every morning my wife and I have a small bowl of chopped fruit with honey drizzled over it, one egg, and one slice of toast with butter, honey, and cinnamon. Also, I don...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Honey
April 02, 3:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.