BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 171 - 180 of 1322 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...133

Forum » Thread

"To hell with everyone everywhere who ever mistook suffering for honor"
"I-64 West into Charleston, coming from southbound, unrolls in a big left-hand curve just after you come into the city. I've driven this route hundreds, maybe thousands of times. I grew up...

In On the Web » "To hell with everyone everywhere who ever mistook suffering for honor"
January 16, 9:27am

hm
My dad used to smoke cigars around the campfire. Only time he ever smoked anything. I thought it stunk (still do; pipe smoke is more tolerable imo (and lends a classy Middle-earth expedition feel))...

In Multiple Use Gear » Who does not love a cigar in the woods?
January 16, 8:38am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Paradox Packs Evolution pack system review
>>You can write all the disclaimers and excuses you like, it's a heavy pack for heavy loads For the loads it carries it's a very light pack, actually. The comparable capacity Myst...

In Editor's Roundtable » Paradox Packs Evolution pack system review
January 16, 8:17am

fastpacking Rauros to Fangorn
Aragorn: It is now the fourth day since Boromir was slain, and from the evening of that day we have journeyed from the shadow of Tol Brandir. Eomer (astonished): On foot?! Aragorn: Yes, even as y...

In Philosophy & Technique » helping girlfriend reduce weight - personal fears
January 15, 9:30pm

The choices of Master Samwise
Frodo: The Ring is so heavy, Sam. Sam: Ah, Mister Frodo, y'should've had the Ring made from titanium, like my pots! (Sam reaches up to rattle the pots hanging off his enormous pack.) Fro...

In Philosophy & Technique » helping girlfriend reduce weight - personal fears
January 15, 9:09pm

Re: Glasses...
I don't remember what life was like without them. You just put up with it. In the winter goggles can help but unless it's super cold you just look like a dork. Well...with over-the-glasses ...

In GEAR » Glasses...
January 15, 2:21pm

Re: Paradox Packs Evolution pack system review
I have no need for a pack to haul 80 lbs, but I really enjoyed learning about it anyway. That the hipbelt is sold separately tempts me to dust off the unfinished external drybag hauler I have in th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Paradox Packs Evolution pack system review
January 15, 10:30am

Re: Patagonia "Ethics"
Q: How can you be an ethical consumer in the age of global corporate capitalism? A: You can't.

In Chaff » Patagonia "Ethics"
January 11, 7:53am

Re: Re: About the ads
Reminder to everyone that the support function has supposedly been revamped, and to make your concerns known. http://support.backpackinglight.com/support/home I would have to disable about 6 ...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL has Ads now ?
January 10, 9:59am

Re: the real questions
My trips are important to me, but frankly they are crap compared to the trips of people who do post reports. Part of that statement comes from my unhealthy level of self-deprecation, and part is ju...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 09, 6:44pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.