BPL Community Profile

Stephen P (spavlock) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid-Atlantic
About Me Almost finished with school...for the second time. Hope to move to the Rockies when I'm finished.
StateWV
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListShoulder Season - Mid-Atlantic

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen P

Showing 171 - 180 of 201 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Anyone been to Dolly Sods/Roaring Plains lately?
Keith, These are my stomping grounds. Haven't been able to make it down recently due to illness, so I can't say much on the water situation. You shouldn't have any problems in Dolly ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Anyone been to Dolly Sods/Roaring Plains lately?
June 29, 12:02pm

Re: Salomon XT Wings - LOOK NOW
You should be good Joe. My XA Pros feel true to size.

In Gear Deals » Salomon XT Wings - LOOK NOW!
June 29, 11:33am

Re: Solo Summer Gear List
Lookin good. Can you repackage some of your creams, sunscreen, toothpaste, etc into smaller dropper bottles to cut some of that weight or have you already done that? Check out USplastics.com

In Gear Lists » Solo Summer Gear List
June 28, 12:30am

Salomon XT Wings - LOOK NOW!
Steep and Cheap has these for right under $60. About 25 min. left if anyone happens to see this very soon. Too bad they don't have 13

In Gear Deals » Salomon XT Wings - LOOK NOW!
June 26, 2:38pm

quilt
PM on the way about the quilt

In Gear Swap » FS: Closet Cleaning!!! JRB Shenandoah, Cloudburst 2, Hardrock 08s, much more
June 26, 12:01pm

Affordable titanium stakes?
I'm looking for affordable titanium shepherd hook stakes. I almost bought the 10 pack sent from gossamer gear with a polycryo ground cloth, but the $10+ shipping charge was a turn off. I don&#...

In GEAR » Affordable titanium stakes?
June 24, 9:06pm

Re: Backpacking in the DC Area (WV/VA/MD/PA)
Hey Evan, I took a look at your site. I'm from the morgantown, wv area. I saw your trip plan for one of your past events on Massanutten Mtn Trail. It looks like a great hike, and I may giv...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Backpacking in the DC Area (WV/VA/MD/PA)
June 23, 11:43pm

Re: easy access UL DSLR and lense cases
A simple DIY method is to use reflectix and plastic bags or aloksaks to add waterproofing. I use this for my camera, then again I'm probably carrying pennies compared to what you are packing. ...

In Photography » easy access UL DSLR and lense cases
June 23, 11:32pm

Re: Re: list
The gorilla pod is light, yes. However, do you really want to add any unneeded ounces to your trekking poles? It beats me why people put anything on their poles (like ductape). You lift and plant ...

In Gear Lists » my "help change the first number to 5" list :)
June 23, 10:36pm

Re: my "help change the first number to 5" list :)
For me, all weight from skin out counts. I would count all items worn and carried when trying to lighten up. However, I understand your desire to get your pack base weight into the 5s. Here are...

In Gear Lists » my "help change the first number to 5" list :)
June 23, 8:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen P

Stephen P has posted no reviews.