BPL Community Profile

Joe Kuster (slacklinejoe) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Flatirons
About Me I'm the president of Slackline Express. We make slacklines (think of it as a backyard tight rope) but also manage an outsourced sewing shop for lightweight backpacking gear designers. We do industrial sewing, cutting, and assembly here in Colorado.
CityLongmont
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.slacklineexpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Kuster

Showing 171 - 180 of 361 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...37

Forum » Thread

Brief survey of USGS Topo mapping GPS units
John, Your post prompted me to do a bit of research and it turns out there is a large world of free Garmin based maps out there, including software to convert USGS maps into a map usable by mapp...

In GEAR » brief survey of USGS Topo mapping GPS units
February 07, 12:34pm

Jetboil performance claim: Roger Caffin calling me out!
By the way, when judging boiling times don't forget about altitude. Stuff boils way faster up at alttidue since it only needs to reach 193.904 F / 89.947 C (calculated for Ward CO, which is act...

In GEAR » Jetboil performance claim: Roger Caffin calling me out!
February 05, 9:05pm

Jetboil performance claim: Roger Caffin calling me out!
Hmm.. I dunno guys. One of the best features of the jetboil in my eyes is having the thing in your hands while making a hot lunch, great on cold days. They even have a hanging kit for us climbers ...

In GEAR » Jetboil performance claim: Roger Caffin calling me out!
February 05, 8:53pm

Inflatable Pads - Carry Patch Kit?
I have used tenacious tape for patching kits. Seemed to work fairly well but I'm sure it will depend on the pad material. The new Ba clearview pad will obviously take different stuff than the f...

In GEAR » Inflatable Pads - Carry Patch Kit?
February 05, 3:04pm

As a heads up, I've had no luck getting duct tape to stay air tight for anything more than the tiniest bubble leak.

February 05, 2:35pm

Singer Commercial Grade Sewing Machines
All machines are pending sales. I may have some other types of machines up in the future but none will be of these models.

In Gear Swap » For Sale - Singer Commercial Grade Sewing Machines (CG-590 & CG-550)
February 05, 2:26pm

I haven't had the same luck as some. I've had to patch at least a dozen pads in the field. A lot of them were pinhole leaks but I've also had punctures from things like fishing lures, t...

February 03, 2:11pm

brief survey of USGS Topo mapping GPS units
Holy crap, I wrote up a thread on here about 4 months ago talking about building exactly that out of a Holux Slimline bluetooth reciever! Granted, I was hoping for UTM. Thanks for the find! By ...

February 03, 10:56am

Favorite Wool Company?
Like several of the others, I've got a mix from most vendors. I'd rank Ibex at the top for baselayers, somehow theirs are just not itchy at all, like a cotton shirt. As much as I tried I...

In GEAR » Favorite Wool Company?
February 02, 10:30pm

brief survey of USGS Topo mapping GPS units
"It's nice to know you can read the screen with your hand covering the sun, but it's too bad they prioritized a touchscreen over brightness; I still stand by my statement that I wold r...

February 02, 2:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Joe Kuster

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Garmin Oregon 400T
Note: This review reflects using Beta Firmware v. 2.86 released Feb 4, 2009. My wife bought me the 400T as a birthday present. Now that I've had time to use it in the field tramping around Roc...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
February 14, 2:55pm

PossumDown Glove Liner Gloves
I tried my best to like these gloves but even treated with the utmost caution my pair only lasted 1 trip before starting to show significant wear. By the end of the second trip, I had holes in both g...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 29, 1:08am

GlobalStar SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker
I have to wonder if some of the units out there are possibly defective judging from other reviews. I've had mine since they first came out and I have apparently had a radically different exper...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 17, 10:23pm

Mountain House Beef Stew
Actually, it just goes to show different tastes for different folks. After a heavy exertion day the Mountain House stew is usually one of my favorites. I have only noticed it being a bit salty wheneve...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
January 24, 10:13am

FlexAir Pillow Dual Compartment Ultralight
I've used one on six trips so far. It is definately a discussion piece and it's incredibly light weight. It took a little trial and error with it to find my comfort range, which is about half ...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 07, 1:05pm

MiniBull Designs Atomic (with stand)
This is one of the first commercial alcohol stoves I've worked with. It does exactly what it says it should and it does work fairly well. It does have a higher capacity for longer burn time, it do...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 22, 9:08am

Evernew Nonstick Titanium 0.9 L Pot
It's non-stick titanium, how cool is that. The reality is that it does live up to most of the hype and it is a solid performer. It has a wide base and is very efficent. It is about the perfect volume ...

In Cookware - Titanium
November 22, 8:43am

Marmot Atom
At 16oz this is an excellent option for warm weather 3 season backpacking. The compressibility of this bag is phenomonal. It is unusual to find a summer oriented bag with a full hood & draft collar, m...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 22, 8:36am

Marmot Atom Mens Regular 40 Degree
Please Delete, put in wrong category

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 22, 8:33am

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
As always, it depends on your need. If you find other stoves finicky and would like a complete cooking system that just "works", it's possible you'll like the JB. For trips where ...

In Stoves - Canister
October 04, 8:21pm