BPL Community Profile

Stephen Komae (skomae) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale northeastern US
About Me Stephen Komae has not added a biography yet.
StateNew York

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Komae

Showing 171 - 180 of 259 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Re: Any water bottle issues when the pack is full?
There's no problems getting the water bottles in and out when the pack is full. Unlike older Flash designs. One caveat with this pack is it really doesn't compress down well. If you have...

In GEAR » REI Flash 45 - Another review - Lots of pictures
August 02, 8:19am

Re: Ultramarathon gear advice needed for major race in the Alps
I recommend instead of rain pants considering the Zpacks CloudKilt. I just received mine, so no real user review yet but I think it'd suit nicely. It has a cinch cord in the front so you can ci...

In GEAR » Ultramarathon gear advice needed for major race in the Alps
July 24, 12:22am

Columbia Mesh Insect Blocker
I was looking at this Columbia jacket, the Insect Blocker Mesh Jacket. It weighs 8oz, is made completely of mesh, and is pretreated with permethrin. Seemed pretty tempting to me and the price is no...

In GEAR » Wearing a windshirt as a single layer in hot weather?
July 24, 12:01am

learn to love the rain
To a lot of people hiking in the rain is a slog. But I love it. Learn to love it. If it's hot out and raining, consider not wearing a shell at all. Enjoy the cool rain. Stash your warm layer...

In GEAR » If it rains do you keep going?
July 23, 3:01pm

Re: Leaving the rain jacket at home... thoughts
As with anything else, we assess our needs, our plans, and pack accordingly. What you pack and what you carry is a judgement call that every experienced backpacker can and should make for themselve...

In GEAR » Leaving the rain jacket at home... thoughts
July 23, 2:44pm

alternative to Hedgehog
Try the La Sportiva Wildcat (breathable mesh, but poor durability on rocks) or the same shoe with tougher materials, the La Sportiva Raptor (less breathable, but more durability). I've put ...

In GEAR » "waterproof" breathable HedgeHog Guide
July 18, 2:32pm

marketing-speak
I can only tell you about the market-speak, which is that a Waterproof tag on a shoe means that it has some kind of "waterproof/breathable" membrane inside. This membrane is usually sewn ...

In GEAR » "waterproof" breathable HedgeHog Guide
July 18, 1:06pm

Re: Gear Shops In Manhattan\Washington?
Outdoors Gear Shops in NYC proper: Tent & Trails 21 Park Place, New York · (212) 227-1760 Paragon Sports 867 Broadway, New York · (212) 255-8889 REI Soho 303 Lafayette St, New Yor...

In GEAR » Gear Shops In Manhattan?
July 18, 1:00pm

So heavy
Why so heavy?

In GEAR » $1800
July 17, 9:59pm

+1 Rampart
I love my Arc'teryx Rampart pants as well. They are comfortable under a lot of varying conditions, I just wish I hadn't gotten them in a muddy green color. I don't think I've ever w...

In GEAR » Pants or no pants for those who run HOT
July 15, 4:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Komae

Stephen Komae has posted no reviews.