BPL Community Profile

Stephen Komae (skomae) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale northeastern US
About Me Stephen Komae has not added a biography yet.
StateNew York

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Komae

Showing 171 - 180 of 267 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

Re: Windshirt sizing
I was in the same issue as you. Luckily I found my 2012 Houdini, but now that I've gotten used to the fit of the trimmer fitting 2013 Houdini the older one has become my backup. The only thi...

In GEAR » Windshirt sizing
August 28, 9:49am

Re: Help me choose footwear
I have had great experiences with both La Sportiva trail runners (Wildcat, Raptor) and the Montrail Mountain Masochist. Did an 8-day backpacking trip with brand new Montrails out of the box (for...

In GEAR » Help me choose footwear
August 28, 9:44am

Don't worry about it
Don't worry about your down jacket. Treat it with care (don't scrape it on stuff and don't puncture it) but stuff it up as much as you want. A quick tumble in the dryer will take your j...

In GEAR » Packing a down jacket
August 27, 8:37pm

Re: Re: REI 2014 Gear ... new tents, packs, etc.
Where did you find this? Rei retail employees havent even seen this yet In my REI experience the press usually gets to find out about stuff before the employees... although the employees will so...

In GEAR » REI 2014 Gear ... new tents, packs, etc.
August 27, 8:26pm

Re: Re: REI Flash 45 - Another review - Lots of pictures
I just let my sleeping bag and clothing expand to fill the void. That works pretty well for me when backpacking. When day hiking I prefer a smaller pack. Certainly a good solution, but I was recen...

In GEAR » REI Flash 45 - Another review - Lots of pictures
August 27, 8:15pm

H52
Apparently there is an H52 in the works to replace the H51. No date yet. The H600 mk2 and H602 are supposed to start shipping mid-Sept. Seems there is no H32 planned at the moment or other CR...

In GEAR » Zebralight H51 / H31 discontinued
August 27, 12:52pm

Marmot Driclime
This is the Marmot Driclime. Full MSRP is $100. I don't know what people are paying for theirs but it's a standout piece for cold weather hiking.

In GEAR » Help me ID this Marmot jacket?
August 26, 9:26am

Re: Multipack
"When I ordered mine I asked Joe to add an additional net pocket running the full front. It is great for draining Squeeze filter while walking keeping extra snack also place Inreach Se in the...

In GEAR » zpacks "multipack"
August 20, 2:18pm

Re: Any water bottle issues when the pack is full?
There's no problems getting the water bottles in and out when the pack is full. Unlike older Flash designs. One caveat with this pack is it really doesn't compress down well. If you have...

In GEAR » REI Flash 45 - Another review - Lots of pictures
August 02, 8:19am

Re: Ultramarathon gear advice needed for major race in the Alps
I recommend instead of rain pants considering the Zpacks CloudKilt. I just received mine, so no real user review yet but I think it'd suit nicely. It has a cinch cord in the front so you can ci...

In GEAR » Ultramarathon gear advice needed for major race in the Alps
July 24, 12:22am

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Komae

Stephen Komae has posted no reviews.