BPL Community Profile

Chris W (simplespirit) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale WNC
About Me I backpack and packraft, and sometimes teach both. I bicycle and ride a motorcycle. Sometimes I run. Sometimes I do Yoga. I have wilderness medical and whitewater rescue training. I can be a bit of a gear junky, although I seem to read more and buy less these days.
CityAsheville
StateNC
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://getlostoutfitters.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris W

Showing 171 - 180 of 2470 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...247

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: BPL, MLD, Caldera
Nano is sold. Everything else is still available.

In Gear Swap » FS: BPL, MLD, Caldera
November 19, 7:01am

FS: BPL, MLD, Caldera
BPL Stealth Nano tarp (with lines and stuff sack) This is used but in great condition. It also has two interior hang loops added for use with a bivy. The loops were sewn to cuben scraps and then...

In Gear Swap » FS: BPL, MLD, Caldera
November 18, 3:46pm

Re: Shining Rock
I haven't been out there in several months, but I live fairly close. The gnats are insane right now at dawn. We had morning temps at 42 F earlier this week and that's at 2100 ft but it'...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Shining Rock Wilderness - Sept 28
September 27, 8:52am

Re: Re: BPL
David - they were all tested in the field on at least one trip per shelter. The conditions during usage didn't make for good photography, so I elected to use posed photos under ideal conditions...

In Editor's Roundtable » Solo-Plus Tent State of the Market Report
September 19, 7:01pm

Re: Re: Solo-Plus Tent State of the Market Report
I expect to, but haven't yet. The pay scale is published somewhere, and as any of the reviewers can tell you, it's pretty meager. I bought my Life membership before I volunteered to do ...

September 19, 6:40am

For the record, I am not an employee. I do have a title (which I volunteered for) but I'm more of a private contractor just like anyone else who submits articles.

September 19, 6:31am

Are you volunteering Ken?

September 19, 6:22am

Re: Solo-Plus Tent State of the Market Report
I have zero interest in arguing why this report is written the way it is. With that said, here's the dilemma- You guys want long-term test data delivered over short periods. If the review ta...

September 19, 5:53am

Re: re: Pulse and Kinetic
Thanks for the clarification on the hood Dave. I (shame on me) was going solely off the Rab descriptions. This has quickly become my go-to shell for everything from backpacking to around town t...

In Editor's Roundtable » Rab Kinetic Jacket Review
September 05, 10:46am

Re: Late Summer, mid-Appalachian mountains
I'm curious what you define as "late Summer"? Having been in the South all of my life, I'd say this is late Summer now and we're not getting overnight temps anywhere near the ...

In Gear Lists » Late Summer, mid-Appalachian mountains
August 22, 2:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris W

Chris W has posted no reviews.