BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking in the mountains with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 171 - 180 of 654 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...66

Forum » Thread

Bergans Sastrugi Jacket--335down/685 total
I was recently looking for the same and came across the Mountain Equipment jackets you mentioned. Those seem to completely blow away the competition in that range. I'd like to get one, but yeah...

In GEAR » Lightest Expedition/Very Cold Weather jacket?
October 02, 11:45pm

WTB: Jetboil Sumo Titanium Cup
Anyone have one of these collecting dust? Would like to add this to my pot quiver, but can't justify the price of a new one. (only looking for the sumo ti version, thanks)

In Gear Swap » WTB: Jetboil Sumo Titanium Cup
September 30, 5:27pm

thanks
Thanks for that. I contacted the clymb after placing my order and they let me use the code retroactively. Thats good customer service. I'll post here about the jacket if anyone is interested.

In Gear Deals » Bergans UL Winter Puffy (%50 down) at the Clymb
September 28, 5:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Duplex
Been waiting for Joe to make a full-on winter shelter. No doubt it would be bad-a, since all his stuff is.

In GEAR » Zpacks Duplex?
September 27, 11:16pm

Bergans UL Winter Puffy (%50 down) at the Clymb
The clymb has a puffy from bergans called the sastrugi, which looks like a pretty legit UL winter puffy. Its got 12 oz of down (750 cu euro =850 US), its box walled and weighs just over 24oz tota...

In Gear Deals » Bergans UL Winter Puffy (%50 down) at the Clymb
September 27, 1:15am

burn FS
Ron mentioned to me last year that they'd be making a burn FS too. Not sure if its still true, but I hope it is.

In GEAR » MLD Exodus Full Suspension No Longer Available?
September 26, 2:19am

NB 110 Boot
We just got our first snow in the CO high country, which had me slipping around in bread bags and constantly kicking my sportiva helios to keep the snow out from the meshy material on my trip to th...

In GEAR » snow travel footwear system
September 26, 1:45am

Re: synthetic jacket help needed
"theres a big difference between quick stops, belays ... and having to sit around in it for hours" + 1 Yeah, this one is tricky. Most of my experience with synthetic is with stop and go...

In GEAR » synthetic jacket help needed
September 25, 6:08pm

60 grams
For around freezing, I'm OK in my rab xenon, which has 60 grams, over a wool base layer. If I did a lot of hanging around camp, I'd want more, but I think you'll be more than OK layerin...

In GEAR » synthetic jacket help needed
September 25, 1:15pm

bc
You're a mnt runner & you live in the wasatch? Thats a no brainer. Get best AT setup you can afford & don't look back. AT gear is a bargain quality of life enhancer. OK, a little bi...

In GEAR » Since winter is around the corner I'm gonna talk about skis
September 11, 8:00am

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am