BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking in the mountains with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 171 - 180 of 663 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...67

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Burn
+1 what javan said about the mesh based on experience with the GG gorilla and MLD burn. Burn mesh got holes after not using it that long, Gorilla, no holes for a long time, until I started using it...

In GEAR » GG Kumo Vs MLD Burn
October 05, 2:46am

lofty
Hi Rick, sorry I don't have a ruler handy. I can tell you that if there is a weakness of this jacket its that compared to the rest of it, the part where the torso meets the sleeves (i.e. should...

In Gear Deals » Bergans UL Winter Puffy (%50 down) at the Clymb
October 05, 1:14am

Re: re: stovejack
Thanks Dave, I'll probably drop you a line when I start brainstorming more about it. For this winter I'm first going to invest in going full michelin for camp comfort. Got good deals on the...

In GEAR » Winter Shelters: MSR Twin Sisters?
October 04, 11:27pm

design
zpacks = so dialed

In GEAR » Zpacks Duplex?
October 04, 2:10am

sastrugi impressions
I posted this to a thread about light expedition parkas, but I'll add my first impressions here too. The short version: I like it. Field experience is always good, but I can easily recommen...

In Gear Deals » Bergans UL Winter Puffy (%50 down) at the Clymb
October 04, 1:12am

Sastrugi Impressions
I ordered a M and a L sastrugi from the clymb with a %20 discount, and they arrived today. Field experience is always good, but I can easily recommend a jacket thats primary function is warmth. Thi...

In GEAR » Lightest Expedition/Very Cold Weather jacket?
October 04, 1:05am

Re: re: Twin Sisters
@Dave--I read your posts about the mega light, so I'm glad to get your perspective "With less snow, and cold windy weather snow skirts would be handy." This describes most of our ...

October 03, 11:35pm

snow skirt
Thanks Eugene, yeah that one looks good too, although I think if I'm going to swap out the beta light it'll be for that snow skirt. Anyone try this out? Or if you regularly use mids in ...

October 03, 6:28pm

Winter Shelters: MSR Twin Sisters?
Anyone have experience with this one? I'm curious specifically about condensation. Just picked up a BD betalight on sale, but I'm liking the fuller protection of the twin sisters, so I ...

October 03, 6:40am

Bergans Sastrugi Jacket--335down/685 total
I was recently looking for the same and came across the Mountain Equipment jackets you mentioned. Those seem to completely blow away the competition in that range. I'd like to get one, but yeah...

In GEAR » Lightest Expedition/Very Cold Weather jacket?
October 02, 11:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am