BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking in the mountains with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 171 - 180 of 647 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...65

Forum » Thread

Re: synthetic jacket help needed
"theres a big difference between quick stops, belays ... and having to sit around in it for hours" + 1 Yeah, this one is tricky. Most of my experience with synthetic is with stop and go...

In GEAR » synthetic jacket help needed
September 25, 6:08pm

60 grams
For around freezing, I'm OK in my rab xenon, which has 60 grams, over a wool base layer. If I did a lot of hanging around camp, I'd want more, but I think you'll be more than OK layerin...

In GEAR » synthetic jacket help needed
September 25, 1:15pm

bc
You're a mnt runner & you live in the wasatch? Thats a no brainer. Get best AT setup you can afford & don't look back. AT gear is a bargain quality of life enhancer. OK, a little bi...

In GEAR » Since winter is around the corner I'm gonna talk about skis
September 11, 8:00am

next
next in line after Kevin

In Gear Swap » FS : Patagonia Black Hole Daypack - Blue
September 11, 2:58am

xenon
The rab xenon has been a great piece for me going on almost two years. Its not as warm as it once was and its held together by gorilla tape at this point, but I'd still say its warm enough for ...

In GEAR » synthetic post...3 items questioned
September 11, 12:05am

short term experience with PHD Toe
I don't have long-term experience with PHD toe socks, but thats because mine developed holes (both socks) after using them once. I've got the unfortunate addiction to toe socks as well. Inj...

In GEAR » Long Shot: Toe Sock Durability?
September 10, 12:01am

UL
Once you feel how good it is to shed the extra weight, like most of us here, you'll probably wanna shed more. So, while there's nothing wrong with getting a nice 3lb backpack from say grani...

In GEAR » My final frontier: Pack and Tent - suggestions?
September 08, 8:38pm

carbon corks sold
recieved payment

In Gear Swap » BD Alpine Carbon Corks & Ultra Distance (130cm)
September 08, 1:03pm

pm responded
I responded (least I think it went through). Paypal to serge (dot) giachetti (at) yahoo (dot) com Thanks!

September 08, 5:14am

BD Alpine Carbon Corks & Ultra Distance (130cm)
The BD carbon corks have seen a lot of use and they look like it. Scratches and scuffs etc, but they should last many more years. Super burly pole. I took the straps off and put them back on. Not s...

September 07, 3:17am

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am