BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking in the mountains with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 171 - 180 of 616 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...62

Forum » Thread

sold & shipped
Sold & shipped today. Thanks Ammon.

In Gear Swap » Gossamer Gear LT4 (1 pole) + extra piece $40
July 29, 10:18pm

Gossamer Gear LT4 (1 pole) + extra piece $40
Selling a used gossamer gear LT4 pole. I had some problems with the twist lock and had it sent out to GG for a fix. After breaking my other one, I've since moved to Black diamond ultra distance...

In Gear Swap » Gossamer Gear LT4 (1 pole) + extra piece $40
July 28, 4:11am

following zachs theme
following zachs theme of useless and expensive: a water resistant bivy sack

In GEAR » Unusual (and expensive) item that you consider worth it
July 27, 12:18am

nao means brain in japanese
petzl nao headlamp. I spend an unusual amount of time hiking/running/skiing in the dark, which makes this light worth its weight & price.

In GEAR » Unusual (and expensive) item that you consider worth it
July 24, 10:29pm

VR or pwerdry + breathable shell
I think the vapour rise is an excellent choice-it actually delivers on the promise of a softshell for a cold weather action suit. Good weather protection/breathability & dries fast. I like the ...

In GEAR » RAB Vapour Rise compared to light fleece + windshirt?
June 25, 1:31am

thanks anna
I think I know where you're thinking. I'm hoping to get a 50cm, but I may go with the 60 at %20 off if nothing shows up. Thanks.

In Gear Swap » wtb: camp corsa nanotech
June 21, 12:49am

wtb: camp corsa nanotech (50cm)
anybody got one of these in 50cm that doesn't see much use?

In Gear Swap » wtb: camp corsa nanotech
June 20, 12:02am

Re: Rab stuff at campsaver
Thanks Ike. That meco shirt was a steal. Had been looking for a good deal on the LS version.

In Gear Deals » Rab stuff at campsaver
June 07, 12:07am

self-reliance
I see a lot of people on this site blindly follow what someone else suggests they do, especially certain someone else's who are staff writers for BPL. I took this article as a suggestion to ex...

In Editor's Roundtable » The SUL Mindset, Part 2: Less vs. Lighter
June 06, 3:47am

simplicity
I love this approach! Very cool series you've got going here, Ryan. This style certainly compliments the beautiful simplicity of backpacking. Personal preference, but I'll just add that...

In Editor's Roundtable » The SUL Mindset, Part 2: Less vs. Lighter
June 05, 2:52am

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am