Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking into the mountains for a few days with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 171 - 180 of 702 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...71

Forum » Thread

icetrekkers
The ice trekkers are good, and they are less expensive than the kahtoola's which I haven't tried. I like that the ice trekkers are lower profile than the micospikes (less spikey). I tend t...

In GEAR » microspike, crampon suggestions.
December 06, 12:44am

brrrr....
@ Gary --Brrrr...the extreme gear testing conditions have continued. I guess when it comes down to it I am not that hardy of a gear tester ;) Though I will be trying to avoid freezing my ass off to...

In Gear Deals » LiteTrail Titanium Solid Fuel Cook System - V3 2014
December 05, 6:23am

ordered friday, got monday
Got mine monday. I'm happy about this little system for its simplicity and extreme lightweight. I've yet to test it and I probably won't until I put it to more use in the warmer months,...

December 04, 3:01am

reaching a consensus
Just validating what others have said: Rab is very good kit. Most of my outdoor clothing is rab: Rab Demand (shell) Infinity (down puffy) Xenon (synthetic puffy), Alpine (wind shell), Varpour R...

In GEAR » RAB - what's the general consensus?
December 03, 3:15am

bump/drop
NM

In Gear Swap » Dynafit Vulcan Down Jacket $115 (Orange, M)
December 02, 2:13am

Montbell makes great stuff....
...I think BPL community is already pretty tuned into that fact, but I was in the Boulder store the other day just geeking out on their clothing line, genuinely impressed. What I like: --Thei...

In GEAR » Montbell makes great stuff....
December 01, 12:42am

psyched...
I ordered mine friday around noon, and it shipped a couple hours later. Thanks for the super fast turn around, Jhaura! Toward the end of last summer, I got psyched again about going light as po...

December 01, 12:00am

update
post updated with a picy

In Gear Swap » Dynafit Vulcan Down Jacket $115 (Orange, M)
November 30, 1:44am

sold
sold and shipped. thanks, Paul.

In Gear Swap » Patagonia DAS Pants (L) $135
November 30, 1:33am

another drop
how about $100?

In Gear Swap » Patagonia DAS Pants (L) $135
November 29, 3:55am

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am